Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

xtreme line of tanfos!

littletoe

I wish Tanfoglio would get their quality control in order. I have a Match 9mm and a Match .40, both made in about 2003-2005, they are top notch in fit and finish. The Limited I bought in 2010 and the one I just purchased have had numerous quality issues. I know next time I'll order several and ship back the others that fail inspection. In this age of CNC, I just don't know how some of this stuff gets made wrong in the first place.

Agreed. The trigger pin on my E Limited is not centered in the recess and it is visible by my old eyes :surprise:

rialcel - sorry to hear the disappointing story. Hope Tanfo will sort it out for you.

I wish Tanfoglio would get their quality control in order. I have a Match 9mm and a Match .40, both made in about 2003-2005, they are top notch in fit and finish. The Limited I bought in 2010 and the one I just purchased have had numerous quality issues. I know next time I'll order several and ship back the others that fail inspection. In this age of CNC, I just don't know how some of this stuff gets made wrong in the first place.

I agree that the quality control is a little lacking. I have had small things wrong but nothing major; sometimes I feel like switching back to a Glock or going to a 2011 but I shoot a match and I remember why I bought a Tanfoglio in the first place. This year will be my make or break year for me.

Is it just me or was the barrel on that Gold Match pretty pitted on the outside

Yeah, good catch. Kinda odd that they would produce that barrel, deem it to be acceptable, put it in one of their high end products, and THEN use that to advertise the product!

I purchased/pre ordered a tanfoglio stock III xtreme. paid just under 2000$ CAD for it.

I was told it would be here in July last year, it took 27 weeks and arrived last month in December.

I was very excited to finally receive it and rushed it off to the range to shoot it. Shooting it for the first time was probably the most disappointing thing I have ever done.

Out of the box it was shooting low and way right. I just thought that some half blind drunk italian guy zeroed it at the factory. So my friend and I proceeded to zero it with the fancy rear sight tool it came with which didn't work worth a hoot. My friend is very knowledgeable when it comes to this sort of thing and less than 10 minutes later he had it perfectly zeroed. Unfortunately this is what the rear sight looks like zeroed. I can understand having to adjust elevation, but to have to crank the windage all the way to the left seems unacceptable to me. I mailed it back to the retailer the other day under warranty. I am very worried that this will not end well. On top of that the "tuned" da/sa trigger is no where as nice as I have my cz shadow trigger set up.

KDZxihbl.jpg

bHqtwVVl.jpg

"High quality standards"

This is exactly how one of the rear sights looks on my regular stock 3. It wasn't so bad when I was shooting AIMs, but when I switched to frontier, it is all the way to one side.

Looks odd, but gun is zeroed and it works fine. I'll check with a friend of mine and see what his is like.