Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which SA 1911 to buy with ProStaff discount

710somewhere

Hey all I am lucky enough to get the SA ProStaff discount through my employer(lewis machine and tool) I think I have it narrowed down to two. 1911 9mm RO or the champion lightweight 4" operator. Open to other suggestions as well but would like to stay under 1k.

Define your usage. That may allow a choice.

The RO is likely not as suitable for carry, compared to the Champion Lightweight.

If not thinking of carrying, (and thinking, but haven't looked) that the longer sight radius of the RP and heavier weight should yield a softer recoil.

Guy

Love the trophy match. Agree with Guy, need to define usage. I wouldn't want to carry it all the time. Great for competition. Think it should be under $1000 with discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry guys I should have clarified what I intended to do with pistol. I want to get into 3 gun competitions and am looking for a solid training base to use. Right now the discount on the RO is 571.xx and the champ lightweight is 621.xx. Another concern I had is where it is made. I've tried researching which 1911s Springfield manufactures here in the states but I can't seem to find a definitive answer

Edited by 710somewhere

A NM prefix in the serial number is a US "made" SA. The TRP, RO and Operators are US made.

The TRP adds checkering, magwell, FCS and fixed sights. The. RO is essentially a stripped down Trophy Match in carbon steel (TM's are stainless).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Springfield might source parts on USA made guns from Brazil still if I remember correctly

Correct, from IMBEL, rough cuts done, but frame rails and BTGS done in IL. I remember hearing that there was an issue with IMBEL (which is why the GI was discontinued), so not sure if they are still sourced from there.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys I should have clarified what I intended to do with pistol. I want to get into 3 gun competitions and am looking for a solid training base to use. Right now the discount on the RO is 571.xx and the champ lightweight is 621.xx. Another concern I had is where it is made. I've tried researching which 1911s Springfield manufactures here in the states but I can't seem to find a definitive answer

The top of the price list reads: (Confidential and not for general distribution)...I doubt SA would like you broadcasting their Prostaff pricing online.

Powderman81