Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 3 on the way

Just ordered a Stock 3 in 40sw. No discount on this baby.

It is destined for USPSA production, where it will use the 9mm slide from my Match.

The 40sw slide will ride the Match frame for Limited/limited 10.

Maybe after I use up my stash of 9mm brass, I may try 40 minor for production. Ordered two sets of springs in anticipation.

Also have lighter hammer spring and extended firing pin in the package.

Will have a F/O front and Xtreme grips.

Now I have to find a holster for my Nuevo Amico [new friend].

The long slide conversion, made by Tanfoglio, is the same shape and barrel as the one used on the stock 3. I believe the limited pro is the same as well. It just does not have the model designation written on the slide.

The rules are pretty clear that the replacement slide and barrel have to be the same shape, CALIBER, and contour as the original model. Your model is a .40, so you would have to replace the .40 barrel/slide with another .40 barrel/slide. From my extremely limited research the barrel/slide length and contour are the same, it's that caliber thing that is the problem.

The rules are pretty clear that the replacement slide and barrel have to be the same shape, CALIBER, and contour as the original model. Your model is a .40, so you would have to replace the .40 barrel/slide with another .40 barrel/slide. From my extremely limited research the barrel/slide length and contour are the same, it's that caliber thing that is the problem.

I dont think the receiver of my stock 3 is marked 9mm. For all anyone knows, it could be either a 9mm or a .40.

Edited by Onagoth

The receiver of my stock 3 is not marked 9mm. For all anyone knows, it could be either a 9mm or a .40.

Right, it's the same as a Glock frame, which could be a 17, 22, 34, 35, 24, etc and you can't tell what it was originally once you take the slide off. It's still breaking the rules if only you know you're breaking them.

The receiver of my stock 3 is not marked 9mm. For all anyone knows, it could be either a 9mm or a .40.

Right, it's the same as a Glock frame, which could be a 17, 22, 34, 35, 24, etc and you can't tell what it was originally once you take the slide off. It's still breaking the rules if only you know you're breaking them.

Well...I wouldn't be one to knowingly break the rules, and I'm not an expert on USPSA rules so I learned something here today.

I note that USPSA has been more generous with internal modifications because they are very difficult to enforce....seems to be the same thing here. Except, here you could substitute the 'difficult' part with impossible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What exactly is the reasoning behind this rule? As far as I can tell, there's no safety concern and no performance advantage.

I mean, why have a rule that has no purpose and is impossible to enforce?

Isn't that pretty much the definition of a bad rule?

What is the rule if you buy the frame and 4 caliber conversions.

All long slides are the same shape and contour and length. All barrels are the same as well and all are sold be Tanfoglio in their standard Stock 3 pistols . Eric's hammer is production legal because it is made by the oem and used on the Extreme models . Well, the same slides are used as well.