Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is 38 sc that much better than 9 major

joedirt

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is always one of the funnier arguments that I see. Funny because in spite of the strength of conviction of many on the subject the truth is that there is no correct answer. This is about individual preferences. How one feels about dot movement, recoil, brass life, if you want to shoot what the big boys use, if you want to be a rugged independent thinker, if you don't want to have to pick your brass up, whatever... These all will make caliber choice simply a choice of which you like. Coke or Pepsi. Me, I like the feel of the combinations that I get with SC so that is what I use. If for some reason you like 9 more power to you.

Oh, and BTW, pick your brass up. Don't leave that crap out there for me to have to pick up later. Well, unless you are shooting SC. :devil:

Funny thing is of more people shot SC then there'd be more Sc on the range and it would be plentiful and cheap hehe.

Except for the fact that the Prod. division is using 9mm as well. When I go to a local match, there may be 3-4 open shooters, but there are a dozen or more Prod. shooters, all shootin 9mm brass that I can pick up and use.

• 2 weeks later...

Putting 9mm in an Open gun is like putting 87 octane in a Ferrari, sure you can do it but why would you? :D

I may have to borrow that one :roflol:

Don't. The fuel analogies don't make sense. Putting 87 octane in a a Ferrari engine would make it ping and detonate, aka not run correctly. I see plenty of 9 major guns that run correctly.