Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seekins build

CZspeed

Seekins irmt3 upper

Seekins sp3r 15" keymod rail(has built-in QD mounts

Seekins SP223 lower(Best lower I've ever owned)

Lothar Walther 18" rifle length stainless barrel

SJC Titan

SLR sentry 7 adjustable gas block(just released!)

RCA black nitride low mass bcg

Geissele SD3G trigger

JP polished/tuned extra power spring

Norgon Ambi mag release

Battle Arms short throw ambi safety

Magpul ACS-L stock

LaRue Apeg grip

Noveske nsr polymer panel set

Noveske(ADM) Recon mount

VCAS sling (ATACS)

Lightened mil-spec carbine buffer

Mil-spec CH will get replaced with a raptor.

FCD8507E-9E71-4963-A0CC-651591C610C1_zps

42636121-0FD1-4C3B-8EBF-29F9C7A20DDF_zps

I really considered the Seekins ATC but found the titan for $70 shipped. Maybe I'll find a used ATC and can compare the 2.

On the bottom is a handstop that came with the Noveske panel set. Its flat and felt terrible on the side so I dremeled it enough to make it fit on the bottom. It's cheap and would probably get knocked off quickly but feels good against my index finger so I may shoot with it that way at home.

I have tested the SA7 gas block on my JP15 and have requested that SLR make a finer pitch adjustment screw for more precise tuning of the gas....

Mick

I noticed that the settings seemed far apart when I installed it. Is it a problem?

I also went with the Seekins upper. IRMT-3, 15 inch SP3R, went with the Nordic 18" barrel. I love it!! I did go with the Seekins ATC Comp. I have to be honest I really couldn't tell a big difference between it and my Miculek Comp. I would like to spend a little more time at the range and test both. That Miculek comp is really hard to beat for the price but the Seekins looks really cool.

And I don't have a lot of money left for glass so I'm waiting patiently on the primary arms 1-6x to release. I'd also like some KAC 45 degree sights but those will have to wait.

Keep checking the classifieds for an optic. Sometimes you can find a pretty good deal on one. I run the Vortex 1-4X24 but my eye sight seems to be going down hill since turning 40 (sucks) but I really want to try a 1-6. I have also been waiting for that PA 1-6 to come back in stock.

Keep checking the classifieds for an optic. Sometimes you can find a pretty good deal on one. I run the Vortex 1-4X24 but my eye sight seems to be going down hill since turning 40 (sucks) but I really want to try a 1-6. I have also been waiting for that PA 1-6 to come back in stock.

The new primary arms 1-6x is an improved version. I've owned a Vortex 1-4x and loved it but will take my chances on the cheaper 1-6x

not really a problem, just that it may not give the fine tuning that you can achieve with something like a standard JP adjustable gas block. A finer thread pitch might solve that for guys like us that want to run a little on the edge....

Mick

I have tested the SA7 gas block on my JP15 and have requested that SLR make a finer pitch adjustment screw for more precise tuning of the gas....

Mick

I noticed that the settings seemed far apart when I installed it. Is it a problem?

• 3 weeks later...

not really a problem, just that it may not give the fine tuning that you can achieve with something like a standard JP adjustable gas block. A finer thread pitch might solve that for guys like us that want to run a little on the edge....

Mick

I was able to test fire and everything works great but would definitely like a finer adjustment but don't see how it could be possible. It would require a set screw with more, smaller cuts with a smaller ball bearing installed as well.

• 2 weeks later...

How good are Lothar Walther barrels?

I hear good things about them but haven't shot it much yet. I'm still waiting on primary arms to release their 1-6x so i can shoot some groups and figure out the best load recipe for it. Im happy with how it performed so far with my aimpoint. It's a little heavier than some other 18" barrels but I don't notice the difference. Also I've heard that the LW50 is a harder and more durable steel. It's used by spikes and LaRue that I know of