Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNP-9 or Sig 2022

Thoughts or opinions? Seemed like a decent pistol when I was eyeing it in the gun store. Liked the feel of the trigger, and the overall feel felt similar to my Glock, which I also liked. I don't really need a huge aftermarket, but if there are no mags, holsters, or sights then I'm likely to pass.

I'm between this and a Sig Pro, which also interests me.

• 5 months later...

I carried a sig pro for 11 years. The small grip is to small, the large grip is triangular. The bore axis is very high, the trigger system was designed for an alloy frame and the 3" long slide release makes it to easy to hit keeping the slide from not locking back on the last round. It's not hard to field strip but it is way more complicated than it should be. Depending on which generation of slide lock spring it has it is easy to get the spring in the wrong spot reassembling it effectively turning it into a single shot. It is reliable until the rubber grommet holding the trigger in walks out or you put a light on it and it stops working. We switched to the FNS this year. Like getting out of a pinto and into a vette. When the sig pro came out it was marketed as sigs affordable weapon, not there good weapon. The sig classic series are great guns. We had to give up the 226's, which was a fantastic gun to get the pro's. It was definitely 2 steps backwards. I would pick an FN, Glock, Smith M&P, or an XD over the pro. The Sig Pro is accurate if your fundamentals are perfect. If you slack on anything it is not as forgiving as the other mentioned pistols. If you have average sized hands you will pinch your pinky during mag changes because the mag base plate is part of the grip.

Edited by 1time

• 4 weeks later...

The term "pro" on those cheap SIG's is a marketing scam, there's nothing professional about them. Skip both of those, you're looking at very unpopular platforms that are unliked for good reason.

I second "take a look at the 320." I shot a Sig 226st for years. Shooting SS now. However, the Sig 320 has caught my eye. Its getting very good reviews and feels great in my hand. I am hoping that Sig makes a 5.25inch competition slide with FO sights. It would be a winner - knocking the XDm out.

Look at a CZ P-09 before you look at the Sig.

This. At least if your set on a plastic gun, and I say this as a satisfied FNX owner. Until the aforementioned mythical 5.25 sig comes out the xdm 5.25 sits right up at the top of that heap too.