Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M2 - which model? Pistol grip?

bmillios

I didn't stop at shotty...but I did start laughing at Roxie's "You old farts were all strong hand and week hand grab 4 and stuff'em."

Now I know the way I load is really slow, but I never thought it took a whole week! :roflol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the stock itself willi, not the pistol grip part of the stock. because of the extra leverage you get by having the pistol grip drop off of the centerline of the stock the stock typically gets torqued down real tight, this can cause undue pressure on the recoil spring tube and cause it to bind, leading to malfunctions.

Trapr

the stock itself willi, not the pistol grip part of the stock. because of the extra leverage you get by having the pistol grip drop off of the centerline of the stock the stock typically gets torqued down real tight, this can cause undue pressure on the recoil spring tube and cause it to bind, leading to malfunctions.

Trapr

This is true. It seems to have as much to do with the recoil spring it has as well, does it not? My first m2 tactical came from Benelli with a pistol grip and also had the heavy recoil spring. Had lots of problems with cycling, heard all the stories of the pistol grip bieng the issue. I think Bemny Hill (or was it Kurt) told me to check the recoil spring and replace it with a standard spring. Problem solved. My current m2 started as a field model and came with a standard spring and has never malfunctioned with the pistol grip stock.

I didn't stop at shotty...but I did start laughing at Roxie's "You old farts were all strong hand and week hand grab 4 and stuff'em."

Now I know the way I load is really slow, but I never thought it took a whole week! :roflol:

Damm Mr WeEk Hand, I got stomped on here while I was off the blog and working this week. Making fun of spelling now, you must be bored. Good points on the pistol grip in Euro land though!

Oh' and I'm 46, anit no spring chicken.

"You old farts" was a sign of respect for you shot gunners that have all the experience and wisdom.

Trapr

OK. Yeah, I had that trouble on that frankenstein benelli I bought in Atlanta. I even used a roll pin (kurtm's suggestion) to keep the stock from moving. No stock ring in it, among other things. That gun is in a closet in California now. Different generations of Benelli's don't always go together. Once I got a real Benelli and after 150 complete, I mean complete, takedowns and learning how everything worked, I realized you just need to tighten that stock nut just firm, not super tight. And use a lock nut if you don't have the newer stock nuts with the plastic washer built in.

Roxy, I wasn't making fun of your spelling, you spelled WEEK perfectly! :D

I really detest the expression "Old Fart"....."Gun Geezer"....is much better! :lol: By the way ( now you can tell I'm really old because I spelled that all out instead of using BTW) I have gotten much faster and it now only takes 3 1/2 days not a full "WEAK".

Roxy, I wasn't making fun of your spelling, you spelled WEEK perfectly! :D

I really detest the expression "Old Fart"....."Gun Geezer"....is much better! :lol: By the way ( now you can tell I'm really old because I spelled that all out instead of using BTW) I have gotten much faster and it now only takes 3 1/2 days not a full "WEAK".

After your 4286 posts, Gun Geezer seems appropriate. Mr. Weak Hand is more timeless!

I guess I will have to finish in the top 20 at a major match before you let up on the pistol grippers. So what "major matches" do I have to shoot to get some pistol grip respect? I guess i will have to drive 13 hours to MN next summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, tried the Pistol grip route, and it swings good, and reloads ok, but I can't hit half the stuff I hit normally with my standard M1.. Several guys at our local club shoot pistol grip shotguns an do very well with them, but I couldn't get over the sharp recoil, and my inability to hit flying birds...my experiment is over... I'm putting the comfortech stock back on... I will however stick this on an 18" truck gun, to get some use out of it

The new build was an M2, that I was trying the pistol grip out on... I took the old M1 out with it to shoot them side by side for comparison. The M1 w standard stock and recoil pad shoots much better for me than the M2 with pistol grip stock and limbsaver pad added. The M2 will get the comfortech stock added bavk on this week.

first thing is i have an incredible shotgun with a full race package from one of the best, even though i have a great too I am not great with it and its holding me back a lot in 3 gun, I have noticed first of all that i cant remember to keep my head down on the sights while shooting it, but when i shoot with a pg it kind of glues the sights right in front of my eyes, also i have really bad flexibility in my right wrist from breaking it twice and breaking both my forearm bones and while it doesnt bother me much shooting at flying stuff in short bursts like while hunting, it seems to hurt more and more when shooting 3 gun with my field model m2 for extended periods, I shot one today and it seemed to be a big improvement for me personally as far as comfort and getting solid hits, I also didnt have much trouble weakhand quadloading with it... which was surprising, i just bought one on gunbroker and i will possibly post some vids shooting and loading with it, im not sure if i will like it once the new wears off but im kinda desperate right now, I WILL SAY THAT I HAVE BEEN WARNDED by one of the best that i may give up reliability and im not willing to do that so we will see, if its not reliable i will NOT use it period. full stop. here is a video of my 9th 3 gun match i shot last saturday... to say the shotgun killed me is and understatement:

Well now see, all that info would have been very beneficial to a "guy" I know. I'm just about 100% sure he can take a bit more time from his tech diving gear to get you a P.G. set up that runs! Stand by that P.M. machine and I will...uh...hem....he will get another rye and coke and help you out. :)

Nope High West, made in Park City Utah. They have a great 25 year old Rye. A nice 10 year old Rye (Rendezvous Rye) and the one I'm mixing the Bourye.

post-1176-0-21687600-1407985786_thumb.jp

Edited by kurtm

PISTOL GRIP M1/M2 reliability/recoil.

I know this works...

Do NOT lighten bolt carrier.

Use Taran Tac reduce recoil spring.

Use Taran Tac SHELL carrier.

Use Limbsaver "Airtech" (needs some fitting, pm me if you need help).

Shoot =>1145+ fps 1-1/8 oz. I shoot 1200 1-1/8 oz.

Also. My buddy was having problems with his 30" PG-M1 with a lightened bolt. Runs perfect now with the Taran spring and carrier.

RKI

Edited by roxymajor