Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Fallen Brethren Challenge

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking the rifle slung scenarios. This adds some good transition dynamics we don't usually see in 3G matches.

What are you seeing? Optional ways to stage guns?

It's in the description for stages 3, 7, and 10.

Who do I contact on here about not being able to make it?

I've emailed Sandra and Jim and not heard anything back, and the contact form on the website doesn't work.

I have been shooting FNH this past week. I will get to all emails Monday evening. Thank you and sorry you won't be able to make the match

Edited by Ms. Kitty

Stage 1 question:

Where the stage description says, "Shooter will ground safe shotgun in dump barrel then draw pistol and engage paper targets P1-P5, steel targets P6-P13 and reengage steel targets S1-S2 in any order.", shouldn't it say, "...and reengage steel targets S2-S3 in any order."? S1 is the original slug target, and would require the shooter to "back up" to the original start point in order to engage safely. That's not the intent, is it?

Or am I misreading it?

Good Luck and Good Shooting,

Tommy

Stage 2 question:

The match description says, "...load pistol and engage targets P1-P15...". But I only see 10 targets designated as pistol targets. Where are the other 5? And the round count says "19 pistol".

I'm having a little trouble figuring out which targets are which, for pistol. If all of the 10 shown are steel, that would only be a 10-round minimum. If they're all paper, it would be a 20-round minimum. But the description says, "P1-P15." The only way I can see to get a 19-round count with 15 targets would be if you have 11 steel and 4 paper. So, if that's the case, how do I reconcile that against the drawing?

Help,

Tommy

Stage 8 question:

The match description says, "Loaded rifle and loaded shotgun staged in barrels." Should that be "Cruiser ready rifle and shotgun..."? Or will they really be "Loaded" in those barrels?

The description also says, "...retrieve shotgun. Engage targets B1-B12." But it appears that there are 15 poppers in the drawing, which the key calls shotgun targets. Are some of them no-shoots? Or is there another explanation?

Tommy

Tommy T, you're over thinking things. Everything will become clear at the Shooters briefing :)

Chances are you are absolutely right. :-)

Then again, I've had some (bad) experience with poorly written stage descriptions at a large match. So maybe I'm just a little oversensitive... <G>

BTW, There's a pistol target missing from the drawing for Stage 10...

Hahahahahaha! :-)

Tommy T, you're over thinking things. Everything will become clear at the Shooters briefing :)

Chances are you are absolutely right. :-)

Then again, I've had some (bad) experience with poorly written stage descriptions at a large match. So maybe I'm just a little oversensitive... <G>

BTW, There's a pistol target missing from the drawing for Stage 10...

Hahahahahaha! :-)

I SOOOOOOOO think I know what your talking about,,, :devil:

What he said!!!!!!!!!

Truly. The posted stage descriptions from last year were a good representation of what to expect but they could not have been used as a substititute for a walkthrough and stage briefing. I'd expect the same for this year. Just show up with your guns, gear and ammo :)

Love the increased use of scattergun. Remembering the terrain pretty well, props used last year, and available targets......I think the stages look fun!

Now I wonder how they are gonna look with a hangover and gut full of the previous nights Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes!

I also wonder, is there a printer friendly version for the stages? NVM, each pic can be printed.

I compiled this earlier this morning.

The earlier file did not have stage 4 in it because it was not on the web yet. This file does have stage 4.

attachicon.gif2014_FB3G_STAGES.pdf

Good job! Thanks for pulling those together.

Tommy

What he said!!!!!!!!!

Truly. The posted stage descriptions from last year were a good representation of what to expect but they could not have been used as a substititute for a walkthrough and stage briefing. I'd expect the same for this year. Just show up with your guns, gear and ammo :)

I'll be there with bells on! :-)

And with guns, gear and ammo!

Tommy

What he said!!!!!!!!!

Tommy

Tommy T

Just glad you guys are making it this year. Don't sweat the details just yet. You can have a good walk through on Thirsday then we can have a few of Taylor's Tecates

What he said!!!!!!!!!

Tommy

Tommy T

Just glad you guys are making it this year. Don't sweat the details just yet. You can have a good walk through on Thirsday then we can have a few of Taylor's Tecates

Mmmmmmm, Tecate... :-)

It'll prolly be Newcastle this time! <G> I look forward to seeing you up there!

Speaking of thirsty, CMC Triggers will be hosting the entertainment tent on Friday night. Adult beverages and snacks will be served by the owners, Jack and Debbie Biegel.

Saturday's host will be Candlewood Suites and Laurie (the manager) is looking forward to meeting everyone.

Drinks will be served from 1830-2030. Sounds like a great place to rehash the days shooting success stories.

See you there.

-6-

Speaking of thirsty, CMC Triggers will be hosting the entertainment tent on Friday night. Adult beverages and snacks will be served by the owners, Jack and Debbie Biegel.

Saturday's host will be Candlewood Suites and Laurie (the manager) is looking forward to meeting everyone.

Drinks will be served from 1830-2030. Sounds like a great place to rehash the days shooting success stories.

See you there.

-6-

This is one of the things I love about 3-gun! Meeting and socializing with the owners of the great companies that sponsor our matches and shooters.

Thanks CMC Triggers and Candlewood Suites