Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can I get gear for a CZ 97?

JesseM

So I was at the local gun shop today window shoping when I saw a CZ 97 for the first time in person. It was a newer BD model with night sights and thin aluminium grips. I fondled it and it was nice. I kind of want an excuse to buy it so I'm wondering can I get gear to shoot it in IDPA CDP and USPSa L-10? I found a holster for it but so far no mag pouches. Anyone make a magwell or any other parts for it?

Look at mag pouches for Tanfoglio large frame .

We can do safeties, sights, action work, accu bushing for the 97. Makes a neat gun.

Awesome. How about a reversable mag release?

Do the mecgar mags for Tanfoglio 45s work? I found a website saying they will work in the 97 which would be awesome.

The mag release has to be milled for ambi function. You would have to use a Shadow release or more likely a TS frame release. All Tanfoglio/EAA/Witness 10 round magazines should work. You may have to change out the base plate for it to seat properly.

Jason

I put a 8.5 mm red fiber optic front sight from CZ Custom and a LPA adjustable rear sight for CZ 75 on mine. Helps tremendously with older eyes. The 75 drop free mag brake barely hooks the frame so I made a drop free brake from steel banding at the machine shop I work at. The original firing pin ended up peened and eventually broke from dry firing. The new one is a different design (has a radius where it contacts the stop pin instead of an angle) and seems to be properly hardened. I put a solid retaining pin in it too. I went to a 13 pound mainspring and the DA pull was nice but got light strikes occasionally. The 15 pound is reliable with all primers. I believe I'll put the 75 straight trigger and Shadow safety on it if it fits and make it SA only this weekend. I machined the back of the slide to accept the larger Shadow hammer too. It has a great trigger now. It's very accurate and is much more controllable than my 1911. I'm in the process of getting what looks like a B classification in L-10 with it.

The Shadow extended mag release fit the 97B but I had to file the end round (.295" dia.) and the flat trigger for the 75B worked fine. It's now an SAO Limited 10 gun. The reset is a bit longer than I'd like but it has a 2.8 pound trigger pull. One thing I did notice is that the inside of the aluminum grips are meant to guide the magazines into place and were a little burred up so I rounded and polished the back of the mags and deburred the grips. Mag changes with the old arthritic hands is much nicer now with the extended mag release. The Shadow safety fit and is very easy to flip off and rest the thumb on now. The pin sticks out the other side a bit and I may file it flush but it's not in the way.

Well I plunked down some money to reserve the CZ 97. Long story but Maryland sucks and I'm like 2 weeks away from owning it but whatevers. I have a disease and the cure was more CZ.

Edited by JesseM

Also my ghost 360 pouches work find for it.

I'll look into them. Are they IDPA legal if they remain vertical?

I can't see why they wouldn't be IDPA legal in the vertical position, but I will double check my ghost pouches when I get home.

Also my ghost 360 pouches work find for it.

I'll look into them. Are they IDPA legal if they remain vertical?

The only issue I see for IDPA is that they are close to the 3/4" spacing limit, but that is different from person to person.