blue bullets

bodene 5

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have seen this also and on investigation it appears to be over spray dust that gets on the bullets but it is not the actual coating on the bullet coming off. Once the fine dry dust is rubbed off the coating on the bullet is solid.

I have shot a few thousand of the blue bullets, in both 9mm and 45, and I do get some blue residue on my fingers when reloading. Makes sense about it being overspray dust and not the actual coating. Its not like you can use them like they were crayons. After shooting a few hundred there does seem to be a little residue in my barrel but nothing a couple passes with a patch wont knock out. Nothing like straight lead, I will not be going back to that.

I've shot a couple hundred 125 gr 9mm Blue Bullets, and I just loaded up another 500 this weekend. I'll get a little blue on my hands when loading, but my barrel stays relatively clean. No noticeable blue. I really like shooting these and supporting a company run by USPSA shooters.

Any accuracy comparisons? I've been shooting plated but I wanted to try these since they are cheaper.

With my titegroup load I have less outfliers than with xtreme, I am lazy and dont change my charge when I change bullets. Way more accurate than I will ever be.

I have shot a boat load of these bullets in 9, .40 and .45 and they leave nothing in my barrels other than powder residue. I have never seen anything blue come out of a barrel, just black or gray carbon. Great product and great people to deal with. I will say if you don't bell the case enough or you over crimp them they will leave some Smurf poop in your barrel.

That made me curious enough to pull a few of mine and there was nothing left on the case. That is weird. How hard is it to rub that out of the case? I can't tell too much by the picture but I don't see any bell on your case.

Edited by bowenbuilt

I will try to submit a pic of the case after I pulled it if it leaves that much just seating the bullet makes me wonder what it leaves in my barrel going 900 or so fps

Why don't you take a look inside your barrel and find out? (remember to unload the gun first. I'm a scaredy-cat so I would probably even remove the barrel from the gun).

I've never used these but am definitely curious, especially for the cost savings. The website says they're safe in Glocks. Anyone ever used them in a stock Glock barrel? Also, the lube groove - would i need to add lube or would you just press them like any other jacketed or plated bullet?

I will try to submit a pic of the case after I pulled it if it leaves that much just seating the bullet makes me wonder what it leaves in my barrel going 900 or so fps

Why don't you take a look inside your barrel and find out? (remember to unload the gun first. I'm a scaredy-cat so I would probably even remove the barrel from the gun).

I would give Nathan a call and ask him about this. I have shot thousands of them even in a stock Glock barrel and never had any fouling what so ever. I get some blue powdery looking stuff on my finger tips sometimes that looks like overspray but my barrels have always been clean.