Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2004 point series payout

Cameron

Hey Cameron, if you are thinking of doing it for the money, think again!

If you shoot the most popular division, Limited, you could easily spend $2-3K shooting the matches, just to collect a few hundred $ at the end of the year.

Not a good money making scheme.

In Production and Lim10 and Revo, it's even worse.

No, wasn't looking as an income thing. Just looking for another personel goal of winning point series in my class and division. Maybe another plaque for the wall. I already plan on shooting about 10 majors next year, so the added expence would only be the $10.00 fee.

Matt,

6 match points !!!!! if only you could have done better at A-3 B) ,or got to shoot 1 more match!!! :ph34r:

Oh well you could definately call Production a close race for sure.

Hop/SAM

Yeah no kidding. I blew it. I blew it at TN sect, blew it at A3, blew it at Nats. Here ya go, Todd, on a silver platter!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, I thought the 2004 Point Series and this thread were a faded blur in the rearview, and I got a certificate in the mail today from USPSA for Limited Division 2nd A Class.

Now, there were only 30 participants, and I was 10th, but I only shot 4 matches. Everyone above me shot 7 or more, and the 1st A Limited shot 12, so I wasn't disappointed.

This could be a conspiracy to make me cough up $100 to participate in the 2005 PS, and I will be shooting more matches in 2005. Hmmmm.

I haven't heard anything !!!! :angry:

I asked Manny if he had built the trophies yet wehn we were at the florida Open and he said USPSA had not even contacted him yet then... <_<

Maybe you are the trickle before the Flood !!!! ;)

HOPa

My understanding is they are really working hard at getting USPSA nationals lined up and getting NROI reworked...

Still not much of an excuse for something that finished 3 months ago :(

In the US Mail today ......

1 certificate stating 2004 revolver division Champeen :D

1 Check for 90 BUCKS !!!!! :D ( I went to 8 points series matches and spent 80 bucks entrering so I made 10 BUCKS ) WOO HOO I made a profit while shooting does that make me a PROFESSIONAL like TGO, JERRY M, Doug K, ect ???? :lol:

In all fun I went to a few matches I would not have and really enjoyed them (EXCEPT A-3 and the star) and am planning on going back to a few because of it getting me there last year.

Congrats to the rest of the winners.... classes and overall !!!

Hopalong

In the mail this week....

1 wooden plaque from Pro-tech Co (aka Manny Bragg) shaped like mini-pepper popper on the "head" round "button" that says....

"2004 Revolver Point Series Champion"

on the "Sweet spot" is a 3 inch Clock

under the clock is a plaquard with USPSA symbol and it says

"point Series Championship Sam Keen"

Good looking plaque, made out of Oak it seems the button and plaquard are white background with black lettering and numbers the USPSA symbol is the diamond shaped red white and blue one.

Nice Plaque and I am proud to have it !!!! as there are only 4 others similar to it for 2004 !!!!!

Too bad there is not more particpation in the points series as a whole.

Maybe if the series was like B.A.S.S. and you qualified for the right to participate in a "Classic" based on how you do at other major matches and then USPSA could really promote the "Classic" in the gun mags, TV (USA Shooting and Shooting Gallery ect) to get not only good turnout but good publicity and Major Corporate backing.... (the winner of the BASS masters classic makes a years salary in 1 weekend) (am I dreaming??? maybe but I bet if you asked Bill Dance in the 70's that BASS would be where it is now he would say you were dreaming too !!!)

Points series..... Good thing....Can and WILL get better with more work if not allowed to dry up and die on the vine !!!!

Sam Keen / Hopalong

That check will go for the 2005 tax season...... so the 1099 will be "upcoming"

The money will be used wisely (GUN PARTS) and will be wrote off on Taxes as "Work Equipment, to be Depreciated" :D:D:D All you need is a good Lawyer and a good Tax man and The "Goberment" can't spend what they don't get!!!!!! :P:P:P

And what is the deal ?????? Clockman II ??????? HE's El Conquistador now :lol::lol::lol:

Don't work too hard, get some time in with the .45 and watch out for Sam, "any one with that name that shoots Revolvers..........."

Hopalong

1 Check for 90 BUCKS !!!!!  :D  ( I went to 8 points series matches and spent 80 bucks entrering so I made 10 BUCKS )  WOO HOO I made a profit while shooting does that make me a PROFESSIONAL like TGO, JERRY M, Doug K, ect ????  :lol:

Hopalong

Hmmmm, didn't ya spend an additional $10.- to enter the series in addition to paying at the matches? In that case you might not have to worry about the IRS.......