Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any preferred OALs using 147gr MG CMJ for G34 chamber/mags?

Friction

I picked up some MG 147gr CMJs to try out and see if I like the feel of the heavier rounds but I haven't loaded them before so I'm starting from scratch on the powder and OAL. At this time I'm going to use E3 powder because it's what I have but just like plenty of other folks I'd love to switch back to N320 the next time it shows up anywhere. Any proven formulas for would be appreciated but I'm mainly looking for a valid OAL.

So far I have good luck with the following setups and have seen good results averaging 130PF:

MG 124gr CMJ / OAL of 1.150 / N320 - 4.25gr with CCI primers

MG 124gr CMJ / OAL of 1.150 / E3 - 3.6gr with WIN primers

S&S 124 CRN /OAL 1.125 / E3 - 3.45gr with WIN primers

No feed failures of any kind wit those setups and the accuracy has been good.

Thanks

All, Thanks for the info.

CZ, I'm familiar with the push test but I haven't seen it spelled out as well as that tutorial so thanks for the link. I was just curious if anyone had already found a sweet spot for that combo that was within the max OAL.

• 3 weeks later...

I shot a batch of MG 147's today loaded with e3. Maximum OAL for the gun I was using was 1.125, 3.3 grains of e3 made 135 PF. Also ran some 147 Blue Bullets at the same OAL with 3 grains of e3 for 130 PF. Also tested some X-Treme 147 RN at 1.145 OAL with 3.2 of e3 making 130 PF.