Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun by Doublestar Corp - Oct 16-18 at Rockc

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't see any stages that requires sling for shotguns. Can someone confirm this? I see that in stage 1, you have the option to sling.

Also reading the rule, I didn't see anything about ghost loading. I am going to put on 8 round tube on my gun, but is ghost loading allowed?

Thank you.

Edited by Solidgun

No. If I have not received a check or you do not have a sponsor slot, then you are not in the match. Those who have registered but not paid do not have slots. Those who register AND pay are being put into the last few slots.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy, Lookin forward to this. Ok, ok, ok.... ok. A quiz!

Were there any changes to the rules from 2013. Can I use those (2013), or do I have to print the 2014 rules.

Not concerned with the paper, trying to save ink.

Also a rule interpretation please. #6.3.2.6 Does that mean I have to plug my tube so it will not take more than 8 rounds.

Or does the 8 rounds in the tube only mean until the buzzzzzzzer.

Thank you.

So on loaded starts shotgun starts, we chamber a round and then "Barney up"

Also does the 180 apply to slung and unloaded rifles.

I.e when you pull the slung rifle off your back and it sweeps behind you is that a DQ?

That's correct Colin. Loaded shotgun start gets 8+1. When unslinging a long gun, you are given a bit of leeway because that firearm will NOT be hot when slung. Just make sure its pointed downrange before making it hot.

Also does the 180 apply to slung and unloaded rifles.

I.e when you pull the slung rifle off your back and it sweeps behind you is that a DQ?

This is me unslinging a completely empty rifle on 2 stages last year. It is considered a piece of pipe until the mag goes in it.

If you drop it before loading it, worse thing that may happen is Brian Vaught will start yelling at you to pick it up and keep going...

180_zps6a5dc578.jpgIMG_6832_resize_zps76407bdb.jpg

Edited by New4John

If you drop it before loading it, worse thing that may happen is Brian Vaught will start yelling at you to pick it up and keep going...

hahaha

Its the same kind of treatment you and Bethany get on your birthdays, right John? lol

Edited by Headworked

I decided to browse over the stages to see whats up for this year. I assume that this is an area where we will be reholstering pistols and running safety on a hot slung rifle.

Stage 7 "Upon entering each room, the pistol targets in that room must be engaged before rifle targets are engaged through the windows. Abandon safe pistol in bucket, and safe rifle in barrel."

I like it.

Jay

Edited by J.Schmitt

Won't really know till you get there. Could be faster to shoot all the pistol, dump then rerun the rooms with rifle. how long does it take to run the rooms twice compare to reslinging safe and muzzle down and then unslinging. OR the wording could change to run one gun, dump, then the other.

Could change, but thought, without going back and reading the beginning of the tread, that there may be some re holstering. I would think it could eat up some time to run it twice, but hey, wait and see, nothings in stone.

Edited by J.Schmitt