Which LW BCG?

stre-tch

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

would it be wise then if i was building another upper with a low mass carrier to use something like a Noveske adjustable gas block for the sake of easy adjustment?

It depends on the barrel gas port size and ammo too. If you run a normally configured barrel and full pop ammo, then you would have to cut the gas some to get it tuned. The Noveske is not the unit for tuning...it is just 3 settings.

Most people running the Nordic Competition barrel do not need to tune the gas at all since the gas port is reduced in size a bit.

I'm in that boat when I use my Carbon Arms 16" upper. Got that nifty Nordic barrel. Fixed gas block. Never had a gas-related problem with it and the guys watching me fly through the shoot house said it was flat as a table top while I went blasting from room to room. Obviously the comp helps too.

I use a JP low mass carrier to round out the operating system for that configuration.

Can't wait for my stuff to arrive from Carbon Arms! I've got the 18" Nordic barrel and Fixed Gas Block. Just waiting for the comps to arrive so it can get shipped out.

• 1 month later...

The RCA is black nitride coated and a very nice piece. I bought mine after I saw a couple people using them. They seem to be very well made. I cant tell you much else from that. The jp has time on its side which is hard to beat. The JP is awesome but I dont think its "JP or nothing".

The Voodoo carrier weighs 9.5 ounces with bolt. Very smooth finish with rounded corners. It is balanced very well in both axis and does have an increase in rail surface. All things considered, given the weight and rail area, not concerned about it. Let's just say I do not expect to be able to afford end of life testing on it, but I will run some tests on it. :)

I LOVE my JP LMOS system with the Silent Captured spring.

I am constantly amazed at the lack of recoil.

It sort of surprised me..

Both that a standard 556 has that much to begin with.

I LOVE my JP LMOS system with the Silent Captured spring.

I am constantly amazed at the lack of recoil.

It sort of surprised me..

Both that a standard 556 has that much to begin with.

i about to get this exact setup... do you use the stock captured spring?

Yes, standard spring and their steel buffer tube.

A light coat of Mobil 1 on the BCG and the contact points of the spring.

It is melted butter smooth.

I have let people rack the charging handle and they all are like "wow"

I am contemplating running one in my hunting suppressed 6.8 to replace the VLTOR A5 setup.

The Boomfab is up for purchase on their website. $479

And that's just for the carrier and gas key :surprise:

I'd love to try one, but that is going on the "things I'll never buy until I win the lottery" list.

Hell no!!!!!!!!

Is there any recoil difference versus the standard JP recoil spring and 3oz buffer setup?

Mick

Yes, standard spring and their steel buffer tube.

A light coat of Mobil 1 on the BCG and the contact points of the spring.

It is melted butter smooth.
I have let people rack the charging handle and they all are like "wow"

I am contemplating running one in my hunting suppressed 6.8 to replace the VLTOR A5 setup.

Edited by MickB

• 2 weeks later...