Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comparison between IMI and IWI made Jericho 941F

Xander

IWI on left, IMI on right. The slide and frame is beefier on the IWI made. y9uzetu4.jpg The beavertail on the IWI is thinner yzejy7ah.jpgzyqe5e2a.jpg The magwell on the IWI is much larger 7yrupeja.jpg Besides the lack of Hebrew markings on the barrel on the IWI, the top of the extractor is beveled yby3usu9.jpgve6y3y9y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Xander

IMI has always produced both the frame safety and " slide safety " models. At one time they even produced a double action only model with no safety. I have pics of it somewhere.....

Edited by hal1955

• 11 months later...

These differences don't seem to have anything to do with IMI vs IWI. The appear to have occured some time before the name change...here's my slide-safetied IMI, which I believe is circa ~2000 or a little later.

jAdOVbN.jpg

JaNcepH.jpg

kWE9gbn.jpg

th1FDW9.jpg

edit: oh, and this one has polygonal rifling, in case anyone wondered. Seems like I heard they stopped that on the later ones.

Edited by phucheneh

Concerned that racking the slide quickly might lead to pushing down the safety and result in a dropped hammer and a dead trigger, like the Beretta 92. Do any of the models have a safety that at least springs back up? Is this a big deal, small deal, no problem? Maybe you could rack the gun from behind with a 2-finger 'claw' that keeps the safety levers up? I like the idea of hitting the decocker on the way to a pistol bucket in 3-Gun. No penalties.

• 1 year later...

Concerned that racking the slide quickly might lead to pushing down the safety and result in a dropped hammer and a dead trigger, like the Beretta 92. Do any of the models have a safety that at least springs back up? Is this a big deal, small deal, no problem? Maybe you could rack the gun from behind with a 2-finger 'claw' that keeps the safety levers up? I like the idea of hitting the decocker on the way to a pistol bucket in 3-Gun. No penalties.

You can use the tall sights on the older Jerichos with the slide safeties as slide rackers.