Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Training to Win"

bayougump

My thoughts on the just released DVD "Training to Win" from Ben......

This is one of if not the best "practical shooting" videos I have seen and would expect nothing less from the BOSS himself, Ben Stoeger. This is the perfect compliment to his two latest books, "Skills & Drills" and "Champion Shooting: Guaranteed Results in 15 Minutes a Day Vol. 2" as throughout the movie he references the books and page numbers for each particular drill he is demonstrating. Not once did I become bored or get a sense of monotony while watching "Training to Win" but the total opposite as Ben kept the content fresh and moving along but also taking the time to ensure the viewer understood the purpose of the What, Why, When, and How of each particular exercise. You will get a healthy dose of dry-fire, live-fire, and stage training all packed in this almost 2 hour long feature. As Ben points out, "he did not become a GM on natural talent but by practice" and I certainly believe this tool will greatly benefit those looking to take their shooting to the next level through disciplined training and practice. I would highly recommend this training tool to anyone and I feel no one will be disappointed by purchasing "Training to Win" if you are ready to become a serious competitor and upping the ante in the world of practical shooting. 5 stars here!!!

I bought the digital copy because I'm impatient. I would have liked to have seen the targets a bit more... they show the times and might mention how the hits are but you don't actually get to see many of them.

That's my only (very minor) complaint, it is great and I can't wait to set up some of the stuff they did in the video.

It's nice to see some of the drills described in Ben's books. But honestly, if you have read all of Ben's books, practiced using his methods, and listen to his podcasts, there's not a great deal of new material in the video. It's still fun and instructive to watch. But for someone who's familiar with Ben's methods and is shooting A or M class already, there's no huge revelations about technique or training methods here. Just saying.

For semi-new shooters who haven't been real serious, there's a ton of useful info. Even just seeing first hand how GM/M level dryfire looks, how they set things up and evaluate it, was worth the ticket price for me. If I ever get set up at a practice range for live fire practice, the video also helps show to get the most out of your time and ammo, and the live demo-match footage closes the loop and puts it all together.

• 5 months later...