Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are people having good luck with RF100's lately?

Searched and most of the posts are about the old models before the rheostat, or adding the rheostat.

Anyone who has bought one lately want to report?

Maybe it's a good sign that there aren't any post for the last year or so about flipped primers?

I've had my RF100 for over a year now. Maybe 2 inverted primers in 5-8k. I have the updated one with rheostat. It depends on how fast you want to set it. With those 2, i was doing it quicker than normal.

It is the best $300+ i spent. And yeah, the bulletfeeder too!

my wife used to keep all the primer tubes filled, 10 each sr, sp lr and lp. I guess she got tired of filling primer tubes by pecking at them on a tray, because one day a rf-100 for both sizes showed up in the reloading room. :bow:

its adjustable, and works great. would not do it any other way. there is virtually no time spent other than about 5 seconds per hundred just to dump them onto the rf, then turn back to your reloader and keep pulling the handle.

jj

I have a newer one. (About 18 months old.) It works great. Thus far, I have only used CCI primers... and see no reason to change.

I will probably buy a second... and dedicate them to primer size.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I have two, one setup for small and one setup for large primers.

the only problem I have with them once in while is where the little plastic piece that sets right where the tube meets the machine where the primers drop into the filler tube. That plastic piece will sometimes get jammed up causing the primers to not drop and get backed up.

My newer model is my favorite tool on the bench. Loved it from day one and it only got better when I finally put it on a level table. :)

I plan on getting a second one to take the laziness to a new level and keep one for small primers and one for large.

I ran about 20k thru mine so far with no issues.