Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10-8 Performance XTC Base Pads

jacketjoed

That's the first I have ever seen of them but my first response to them is

If your going to spend the money why not get tti baspads and increase your capacity by 6 rounds.

Also if you don't want to increase capacity,

It confuses me that the said they are "internally lightened to reduce weight" I prefer to have the heaviest base pad possible to help reduce felt recoil and to help the magazine drop from the magwell as smoothly as possible.

I shoot production so to much added weight is a problem, and I hate the standard base pads on the m&p mags, always seem to accidentally pull two mags at once at least one time a match. Not to mention the added weight while still within the limits would be awesome for helping them fall a little faster. TTI makes virtually the same thing for glocks and i really like they way that those feel.

Why not put compact factory base pads on your mags if you are having trouble with the stock ones? They are smaller then the factory pads plus lighter and 1/10 the cost of the 10-8 pads.

Didn't know that they were interchangeable, will definitely have do that for sure! Thanks!

I have these on my 17 round mags and they work well. But no-go on 10 round mags so I simply trimmed the oem base pad to the same profile as the 10-8. Fits way better in the hand for reloads.

With amateur stippling:

MagStippling_zpsd89f538c.jpg

I don’t think you can cut down the base pads and still be production legal. I’m not 100% on that but it does seem like an external modification. I’d certainly check before I took them to a major match. I’ve never played with the full size 10 round magazines so I’m not sure which pads would work with them.

I have a question. All my compact base pads use the steel retainers with a round peg in the center. S&W changed to a plastic retainer and I assume that they also made new compact base pads that utilize the new retainer but I’m not sure. Can anyone confirm that?

Legit for IDPA (which is all I shoot):

8.2.1.3.19. Magazine base pads may be modified by reshaping, texturing, or adding bumper pads provided that they do not make the magazine weigh more than 1.00 oz/28.3 grams over the same capacity factory magazine.

Per USPSA 2014 handgun rules (Production Appendix)

Prior restrictions on magazines have been lifted. OFM and aftermarket magazines and base-pads may be used. However, any and all magazines used in competition, must fit into the USPSA box while empty and inserted in the handgun as described in item 7 of this appendix. Grip tape and/or skate board tape are specifically allowed on magazines and base- pads.

Per USPSA 2014 handgun rules (Production Appendix)

Prior restrictions on magazines have been lifted. OFM and aftermarket magazines and base-pads may be used. However, any and all magazines used in competition, must fit into the USPSA box while empty and inserted in the handgun as described in item 7 of this appendix. Grip tape and/or skate board tape are specifically allowed on magazines and base- pads.