Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what primers do you use

mickd1

Jeez anyone use Remington primers? They're not that bad. I'm a new reloader and i bought a bunch because it was all the store had. Although, i'v found a new shop a city over which has everything so i'll probably switch to fed srp but the Rem 1.5's seem to be getting the job done.

• 4 weeks later...

My primary load uses either Winchester or CCI small rifle primers. I will use small pistol or small pistol magnum if nothing else is available, though I tend to start seeing a little primer flow with small pistol, haven't ever had a primer flow issue with small pistol magnum or small rifle. I use a M2I Extended firing pin, with a standard power ISMI trigger spring and a 17# main spring on my Katana with a spurless hammer.

• 3 weeks later...

Jeez anyone use Remington primers? They're not that bad. I'm a new reloader and i bought a bunch because it was all the store had. Although, i'v found a new shop a city over which has everything so i'll probably switch to fed srp but the Rem 1.5's seem to be getting the job done.

Remington SPP work just fine with no signs of primer flow of breach face erosion in my FGW Super using VV n105.

I have a limcat .38sc. I used anything and everything I can get my hands on. But mainly Wolf SRPs for practice and Federal Match SRPs and CCI SPPs for matches. I also use Winchester and Remington SPPs