Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Program that can adjust trajectory based on POI

Therealkoop

Not sure how it would calculate. MV and BC would likely be fixed. As an example:

The chart tells me my drop at 500 is 5 moa. I find in real life with a solid zero that my actual drop is only 4moa. I uinput 4 moa into the chart where 5 moa resides, and the program recalculates based upon that input.

I heard someone talking about it once and showing it to someonw on his phone, but I didnt bother to ask or look at the time.

gseven has a truing function. You have to create an online account though. Here is the url:

http://www.gseven.com/ballistic-program

Also, if you have an android smartphone you can use Shooter or the Applied Ballistics app, among others. They have a truing function as well (the Applied Ballistics truing is supposed to be more advanced).

Shooter has a function where you enter you yardage and the actual mills/Moa needed to get on target and it will adjust your muzzle velocity to match. It will also ask you if you then want to use the muzzle velocity for your input from then on

Just run your tables on JBM. Then adjust you MV to match the conditions that you encounter in the field. The thing to watch is that your atmospheric conditions when you are setting your zero and recording your actual drops are exactly as they are entered in your ballistic program. Typically if the atmospheric conditions are input correctly, the BC of the bullet is accurate, and the proper model is selected, the muzzle velocity is the fuzziest piece anyway. Chronographs are by far the weakest link in the whole set up, the rest is just math.

Field Firing Solutions, Cold Bore, ATRAG all have truing functions. I know FFS and CB have at least 3 values you can tweak to true your load. I'm not familiar enough with ATRAG to know if there is more than one truing tweak. All 3 run on a Windows Mobile PDA.

• 2 months later...

Shooter is what I was trained on, I primarily hunt and really like the on the fly adjustments once I get to the solution page. I use an Iphone5 and it works flawlessly and relatively quick.

I have my 6BR, 300 Win Mag and my 338 Lapua AI along each of their respective ammunitions stored. I could even add different loads for each of the guns and easily toggle between all of them. Currently I have one load for each of the guns.

I believe it was $10 for a one time purchase.

ive found that the best way to use JBM to get the best results, is to set your crony at 100 yards and take muzzle blast out of the picture. if you want you can move the crony into 50 yards and see if the table is staying true on the velocity.

Edited by JohnRodriguez

Your making this way too hard, so you don't have a smart phone, good! But you need actual data from tools like any Chronograph but a Chrony brand, and a weather meter(Kestrel 4000) that tells you what the Density Altitude is. Once your armed with how fast your bullet is going, the weight and BC of the bullets, and the DA, use these instructions http://www.arcanamavens.com/LBSFiles/Shooting/Downloads/DA/ to make dead accurate ballistic cards.

I just zero at 100 yards and then figure out how many clicks it takes to get zeroed at 300, 600 and 1,000. Tweak velocities until it lines up. Make dope cards. No chrono needed.

Yeah, but for those of us that don't have 600 and 1k yard practice ranges, a single zero and chrono information are really the only viable option.

I just zero at 100 yards and then figure out how many clicks it takes to get zeroed at 300, 600 and 1,000. Tweak velocities until it lines up. Make dope cards. No chrono needed.

Yeah, but for those of us that don't have 600 and 1k yard practice ranges, a single zero and chrono information are really the only viable option.

Good point. Had not thought of that.

I know strelok was already mentioned but you don't have to have a smart phone to use it. You can also use it on a tablet such as an ipad or android equivalent. I just started getting into the long range game and this app is totally making life easier for me. Give it a shot.