Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited custom and custom xtreme capacity in 40S&W?

ChrisRR

I'm a little confused regarding the capacity of the limited custom and the limited custom xtreme version. The Tanfoglio catalog list the capacity of the limited custom xtreme at 18 rounds of 40S&W - anyone know if this is correct or is it a typo? I understand the limited custom takes only 15 rounds of 40S&W and yet I thought these were basically the same pistol if we exclude the extreme parts and branding?

At any rate, what I was getting too is I would like to make sure I have the correct base pad/springs and followers to maximize the capacity of the xtreme version for IPSC standard (so fits in the box). What base pads /springs and followers would the fine people here recommend?

l9dd.jpg

I'm in New Zealand which is how I have access to this pistol. As stated above, the 140mm base pads will not fit the IPSC standard box. I've tried without any luck to get a hold of the Grams stuff but I don't think they ship to NZ going by the silence when I emailed them.

I'm in New Zealand which is how I have access to this pistol. As stated above, the 140mm base pads will not fit the IPSC standard box. I've tried without any luck to get a hold of the Grams stuff but I don't think they ship to NZ going by the silence when I emailed them.

Hi Chris

I'm in NZ as well and have sent you a PM about info on the above. Cheers

I just have to say it. What a great looking gun. I'm digging the black GK coat with the chrome controls and the silver grips. very tasteful and still very different to the average standard division blaster. the limited customs are such a good standard choice, I dunno why the S_I 2011's have held the ground for so long. I guess it comes down to aftermarket support and gunsmith support of that platform and so many options. out of the box the LC is a good thing.

• 10 months later...

Eric Grauffel has told me Xtreme is a diferent pistol versus Limited Custom HC. I ve mentioned bellow his answer, for whom may concern regarding pistol capacity in .40.

"On a regular chromed gun, 9 x19 we can push to 20/21 rounds and 18 rounds in ,40w

but originally, the factory ags hold 17 rounds in 9x19 and 15/16 rounds in .40sw
The regular gun is not really comparable to the Xtreme.
Xtreme is tuned up."

• 2 months later...

I mean: with a lot of very useful improvement (trigger, hammer, ceramic coated, optic fiber, etc.). These may transform almost the same pistol to a different one (becoming a better toll in a adequate hands).

In "different pistol" if you add the parts, slide cuts, coating and clean up the trigger on the regular limited then wouldn't it be the same gun. Being a produced gun, meaning not an actual custom gun, I don't see how it would be any different.?