Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik S-120

Rick88

I got caught up in a one day bidding war and ended up winning a brand new Canik S-120 at a crazy low price. All I know about it from a few reviews is that they appear to function very well, and that it is basicly a CZ 75 B clone, I usually shoot open, limited and SS so I guess now I will try production. I havent even got it yet but using it for open has already crossed my mind, are parts available for a project like that? If I could change the da/sa trigger to sa only that would just about make me go for it, I seem to remember some post in this section from a member who has much knowledge on this topic that why I'm posting this in the CZ section cant wait to hear some details. Thanks for reading.

Not on the Production gun list but they do clean up nice

CANIK_1963_zps0eda02fa.jpg

we worked over a couple to see what could be done. CZ hammer, Al grips, 85C trigger, SS guide rod, CZC Tactical rear sight and front sight.

Update

I got the Canik today overall it is very impressive for a low cost gun. The beavertail kinda sucks but I can deal with that it does point very well, if I like how it shoots I might change the grips and sights but for now they will do. What I can see that needs to be done is trigger work it has a bit of a gritty feeling and way too much travel and very heavy in both da/sa mode i know a good polishing will help I see where most people change out the springs but I'm not sure which ones to change, and to what kind. any info on that would be helpful. I'm also looking at the 85c trigger. will this help with the travel? also the reset could be better. Of course none of this needs to be done but if I can make it a little better for just a few bucks why not, normaly a gun at this price point I wouldnt even fool with but this one does seem to have potential. the fit is great and I really like the rail design. I will be ordering my parts from CGW if he has everything I need, I look foward to your suggestions on a parts list. Thanks

we worked over a couple to see what could be done. CZ hammer, Al grips, 85C trigger, SS guide rod, CZC Tactical rear sight and front sight.

Stuart, did the CZ hammer & trigger drop in or did they need to be fitted in?

I have the T120 and really like it; save cheasy, not easily replaced sights and the narrow, stumpy beaver tail, I'd put them on par with any other CZ75 platform pistol.

Do CZ sights not work with the Tri Stars?

I'm not sure but I dont think Canik has anything to do with tristar anymore, the one I got today had no reference to the importer. The cz sights will work as most other parts but fitting is required with all the parts as I understand it. However I'm new to this platform.

Edited by Rick88

Stuart, did the CZ hammer & trigger drop in or did they need to be fitted in?

Pin holes need a little love

CGW is developing dedicated Canik parts. The issue has been the sear and sear cage lifter arm. We have dialed in the lifter arm geometry (finally) and have designed a slightly different version of our adjustable sear just for the Canik. We should have these available in February.

We have done many Canik's in our shop and they turn out as good, action wise, as any CZ. We have in production a replacement floating trigger pin for the Canik, just like the ones we offer for CZ's. Triggers will follow, and other goodies as well.

Just letting Canik owners know there will be options in the very near future.

Pretty sure the tristar imports are Caniks. If you go to the canik55 website there are pictures in the slide show with Tristar stamped on the slides. There are others importing them under the Canik brand likes Buds Gunshop

The only markings I have on mine are.. R.OX.NJ Canik 55 made in turkey and SN 13AEOxxxx .. I'm actually thinking about going open with this gun with the help from CGW parts, I found some champion threaded barrels that use the thread pattern of the Lonewolf comps but I'm not sure if I can make it fit the slide. I know the current bushing would have to go but I cant find any info on the OD of the champion barrel, I have only had this gun for 2 days but its been fun already :-)

• 2 months later...

Emailed Tristar again about getting their guns on the production list. This is what I got back:

We are planning on it, but nothing will be done about this until at least the summer time which is our slower months to be able to handle things such as this. Check back with us in a few months.

TriStar Arms

PH: 816-421-1400

Fax: 816-421-4182

I recently bought a Shadow Target from a guy and he mentioned customizing a Canik on Youtube. I found the link so here it is

I watched it and it looks like he does a lot of what you are trying to do. His is a T and not an S but i figure most of this is interchangeable. Good luck and keep us posted.

Edited by harryorwell