Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jerry's CD deemed a security risk by State Department lol lol lol

The US State Department considers Jerry's Rifle CDs a security risk and put an export restriction on it :roflol:

Whats next banning Hollywood Action movies outside of the US? Making YouTube illegal? :goof:

I guess they will take away his passport. What if he competes internationally and someone watches :P

Yup, we have laws against teaching "foreign nationals" (as the US Government calls 'em) how to shoot.

What's funny is that the USG thinks all this shit isn't on Youtube or that it can't be torrented.

And here you are trying to get it legally! :lol:

Edited by DyNo!

Yup, we have laws against teaching "foreign nationals" (as the US Government calls 'em) how to shoot.

What's funny is that the USG thinks all this shit isn't on Youtube or that it can't be torrented.

And here you are trying to get it legally! :lol:

I am outside of the US and have it already. UUPS should not have said that. Guess it will only be hours until some special forces unit will attack me :roflol:

If someone of you guys will be one of em please let me know. I will put some beer in the fridge and we can throw some meat on the grill while watching a cd. I do have one in mind :cheers:

At one point Jerry was considered a state secret. He is still listed as part of the domestic strategic defense reserves. In fact he needs to inform the state department if he is going to leave the country. His right trigger finger was banned in NY, NJ, MA, IL and CA. Can you imagine what would have happen if North Korea managed to clone an army of Jerry? That is why we can't have his DVD's fall into the wrong hands. :)

Lets talk about it in simple terms. Jerry is one of the best teachers out there. Do you want Terrorist to actually know how to shoot. I don't.

Pat

Simpler terms - not everyone outside the US is a terrorist. ITAR has its uses... this isn't one of them

So if someone is born outside of the USA they are the "enemy", and a terrorist? What about all of the whack jobs that where fortunate enough to be born on US soil? What should we do to see that they do not see this material that is so critical to our national defense? If this DVD is so dangerous why is it even sold in the states, to "ordinary" civilians? If it's acceptable to keep this information away from everyone outside our borders just in the hope to avoid enriching he fertile minds of our "enemies" then would it not stand to reason that if it can help our international enemies, would it not be even more likeley to enrich our own domestic criminals? The same argument that keeps nformation and freedom from anyone will likeley someday be used to keep information and freedoms from everyone. Plus Jerry deserves some overseas sales.

Simpler terms not everyone is but some are and some times the net may get a little too wide but that is an acceptable consequence in a situation like this.

Pat

That's just the thing. "Acceptable consequence" is a relative term and opinions vary. I'm pretty sure Jerry could use the sales from abroad and I'm pretty sure that his opinion would indicate such.

Simpler terms not everyone is but some are and some times the net may get a little too wide but that is an acceptable consequence in a situation like this.

Pat

That's just the thing. "Acceptable consequence" is a relative term and opinions vary. I'm pretty sure Jerry could use the sales from abroad and I'm pretty sure that his opinion would indicate such.

Sorry for not being that articulate. I am not saying Jerry's video should not be sold to shooters outside the country. Just saying I can understand how firearms training material would fall under the export ban list.

Pat

Pat

The only consequence here is Jerry losing out on money.

I'm sure the crafty terrorist can figure out how to download it. Which is probably what they'll do anyway, since it's cheaper, easier and leaves fewer tracks than buying something from overseas with a credit card and an address.

Edited by gose

The US State Department considers Jerry's Rifle CDs a security risk and put an export restriction on it :roflol:

Whats next banning Hollywood Action movies outside of the US? Making YouTube illegal? :goof:

I guess they will take away his passport. What if he competes internationally and someone watches :P

Did you happen to get the final determination from DDTC? I'm a little surprised that it wasn't determined to be EAR99, much like the Panteao DVDs.

Did you happen to get the final determination from DDTC? I'm a little surprised that it wasn't determined to be EAR99, much like the Panteao DVDs.

sorry I am not so familiar with the nuts and bolts of ITAR. The information came from Brownells.

Pat

So you're opposed to the free dissemination of information in the internet age? :P

I think it is just a change of times. When I was living in the US for a few years which was before 9/11 many things that seem to be accepted and even wanted this day and age would have resultet in a huge outcry or would have been plainly unthinkable.

Maybe they watched the videos?

• 4 weeks later...