Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon / NRA World Shooting Champs

It,s all good! The Master's used to run this way and it was a blast!!! Anytime "other folks" guns and ammo are interjected into the mix it adds a bit of consternatin, but the concept is really cool and is about as good a test as can be had for " the best well rounded shooter" in the world!!!! If I get invited I really don't expect to winn...look to Doug Koenig or Jimmy Clark to win...but I will be damn proud to be in there somewhere!!!

I've heard the name Jimmy Clark before but I'm not very familiar with him. Anybody care to elaborate on the disciplines he shoots?

I was thinking it would be really cool to see some of the well known tactical guys shoot this stuff as well. Great way to bleed over the competition & tactical worlds.

Jimmy Clark, is the son of Jim Clark who was not only a pioneering gunsmith but I believe the first civilian National Pistol Champion. (bullseye)

Clark Custom Guns was started by the patriarch Jim and Jimmy Clark now is the lead man.

Jimmy could, did and still does shoot everything! Very damn well.

SOF, Bowling pins, Team Sportsman Challenge. Kurt is right to have him near the top for predictions on contenders for this event.

I was fortunate to shoot with Jim Clark Jr. a few years ago at a major 3 gun match ,after the match we witnessed him shooting trap

with the shotgun behind his back breaking clays like it was no big deal.. The man is definitely talented !

It,s all good! The Master's used to run this way and it was a blast!!! Anytime "other folks" guns and ammo are interjected into the mix it adds a bit of consternatin, but the concept is really cool and is about as good a test as can be had for " the best well rounded shooter" in the world!!!! If I get invited I really don't expect to winn...look to Doug Koenig or Jimmy Clark to win...but I will be damn proud to be in there somewhere!!!

Kurt, do you mean the Masters ran multiple disciplines or you used their guns? I shot it a couple times ( 9 years) and we used all our own guns. Tons of side matches though. The back of the truck was full of guns and ammo!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi from the United Kingdom! I realize some of you might not agree with the concept of the guns and ammo being provided and I'm not sure I'd be completely happy about it myself if it was a match held in my country.

However, please consider just how difficult (actually, impossible!) it would be for someone to try and take part in this match if they were travelling from outside the U.S.

For years myself and other shooting buddies from the UK have wanted to have a go at the matches like the Chevy Truck Challenge, Second Chance and other multi-gun shoots but the local laws and travel restrictions on firearms and ammo have always ruled it out, or at least made it very hard for us to give it a go.

This match is a chance for shooters all over the world to meet and shoot alongside each other on a (fairly) level playing field. Sure, there are bound to be gripes about the equipment, malfunctions, lack of practice and a load of other things we can usually sort out when we enter a local match, but this is something different and a great opportunity to try different types of shooting, watch the best in the world and maybe learn a few things along the way.

I think it's a great concept and I hope I can find a way to get an entry, meet you all in person and have 4 days of trigger-pulling fun!

Hi from the United Kingdom! I realize some of you might not agree with the concept of the guns and ammo being provided and I'm not sure I'd be completely happy about it myself if it was a match held in my country.

However, please consider just how difficult (actually, impossible!) it would be for someone to try and take part in this match if they were travelling from outside the U.S.

Great point, and one I did not consider. Good luck to you and the other foreign competitors. Thank you for traveling here to the US to share in enjoying the sounds of freedom.

Great point, and one I did not consider. Good luck to you and the other foreign competitors. Thank you for traveling here to the US to share in enjoying the sounds of freedom.

Bryan,

The UK shooters are stuck between a rock and a hard place for shooting. 3 of them are coming over for the Rocky Mountain 3 Gun World Championship. They are bringing their own shotguns. I'm loaning a rifle and pistol to one, Firebird is supplying 2 rifles, and I understand Para is supplying two handguns.

I don't mind the stage guns so much. Heck I run a match with lots of them. My bigger concern were the specific events picked. Some of them are very equipment knowledge specific. There's certain info you have to know in order to shoot them. The mover in Bianchi and the 600 yd rifle. You have to know velocity for both. To account for lead and wind drift. Anything else is just guess work.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've just received an email from the NRA inviting me to this. It says I have to register and pay the $500 by March 30th or I won't get an entry. This seems quite early to be collecting the money, but I guess they need to be sure they'll get enough entries to make it viable?

The wording of the original announcement seemed to suggest that some 'champions' would be getting an invitation but wouldn't have to pay. Am I right thinking this?

What does everyone think about paying $500 six months before a match? It still seems pretty good value for us overseas competitors as we won't have the problem of transporting guns and ammo, but just wondered how you U.S. competitors view this match when there are so many other big multi-gun events taking place in your country this year.

So I've just received an email from the NRA inviting me to this. It says I have to register and pay the $500 by March 30th or I won't get an entry. This seems quite early to be collecting the money, but I guess they need to be sure they'll get enough entries to make it viable?

The wording of the original announcement seemed to suggest that some 'champions' would be getting an invitation but wouldn't have to pay. Am I right thinking this?

What does everyone think about paying $500 six months before a match? It still seems pretty good value for us overseas competitors as we won't have the problem of transporting guns and ammo, but just wondered how you U.S. competitors view this match when there are so many other big multi-gun events taking place in your country this year.

It's the normal thing that the entry fee is paid at the time of registration. I paid my entry fee in December for a match in August.