Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rockcastle Local 3-Gun, Feb 23rd

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cancel? Well, we shot the last pistol match at the Rock after it had snowed 5" the night before/morning of last month. Only real inconvenience was the overturned tractor trailer at the end of the on ramp to 65S.

Bad weather might impact the number of paper targets we use, but would have to be pretty bad to cancel.

Btw, we plan on having a SG stage with about 24 rds. If you need extra caddies I will bring a couple 6 rounders to share.

ugh...

Edited by JRicks

Cancel? Well, we shot the last pistol match at the Rock after it had snowed 5" the night before/morning of last month. Only real inconvenience was the overturned tractor trailer at the end of the on ramp to 65S.

Bad weather might impact the number of paper targets we use, but would have to be pretty bad to cancel.

Btw, we plan on having a SG stage with about 24 rds. If you need extra caddies I will bring a couple 6 rounders to share.

ugh...

Whooweeee!

I agree on the current format.... Shoot 3gun two days I a row with some in the wind time... Has the club made any changes to improve drainage when it's wet and saturated? The videos I saw on y'tube show a lot of mud and mulch when ground is very wet.... Coming down anyways, just asking...

It is soggy, and more rain on the way Thursday I think.

We will consider mud something that just adds some novelty to each stage...probably a lot of novelty....we may be up to our ankles in novelty.

Edited by Lead-Head

We will consider mud something that just adds some novelty to each stage...probably a lot of novelty....we may be up to our ankles in novelty.

And you don't have to worry about someone else scarfing up your brass...of course you don't have worry about finding it yourself either. :devil:

Funny how the value of brass is directly proportional with the temerature.

And you don't have to worry about someone else scarfing up your brass...of course you don't have worry about finding it yourself either. :devil:

Last time I only brought one pair of boots and 2 pairs of socks for 2 days of rain. Hopefully I'll remeber that lesson this time. Nothing like dinner and breakfast in wet boots and socks.

Dustin

I always carry two pairs of socks on me

One pair on my feet and the other pair tucked in the front of my shooting pants in case I need them:)

Last time I only brought one pair of boots and 2 pairs of socks for 2 days of rain. Hopefully I'll remeber that lesson this time. Nothing like dinner and breakfast in wet boots and socks.

Dustin

One pair on my feet and the other pair tucked in the front of my shooting pants in case I need them:)

I usually carry extra socks in my truck bag but someone had just stolen it (along with 2 pistols), so I had gotten used to not needing to pack extra stuff. Now I keep extras in the truck bag and range bag. I only needed to learn that lesson once. Id be worried that they'd get wet in my shooting pants.

Dustin

At Dave's age still impressing the ladies....

DustinI always carry two pairs of socks on meOne pair on my feet and the other pair tucked in the front of my shooting pants in case I need them:)

Bingo!

DustinI always carry two pairs of socks on meOne pair on my feet and the other pair tucked in the front of my shooting pants in case I need them:)

Bingo!

They must be those little lycra ankle socks that female tennis players wear. Almost nothing to them. :ph34r:

I've never been too cold, too hot, too muddy, or too wet to shoot multigun.

I'll be bringing a complete change of clothes! I don't trust that we won't low crawl into that little pallet hide they made. :-)

I hope we have that little pallet hide again. I really like that. This sport needs more dirt anyways.