Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6" 9mm barrel in stock!

kneelingatlas

CZ Open dreamers: CZ USA has the 6" barrel for the 9mm 75 in stock for $145!

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/0420649201_Barrel-6--9mm

To clarify, as I understand, this is for regular 9mm 75Bs, not for SP01s, Shadows or Tactical Sports. The 9mm 75B uses a barrel with an OD of 12.75mm, whereas the others I mentioned above (and others) use a barrel with an OD of 14mm.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Just bought one to use for steel but forgot to order extractor. Has anyone tried to use .40 mags for the 9? I loaded a few factory rounds in a .40 magazine and the base is held securely but it looks like the feed lips allow the round to point too high up to feed reliably, but this is only my quick take on it and I'd appreciate feedback from someone with experience (I'd also like to avoid having to buy a whole other set of magazines to keep track of)

Thought I was on to something, but I just tried to cancel my order. No phone contact found for CZUSA but I sent email.

If it doesn't go through I guess I'll have a barrel for sale.

So which is the correct barrel to change my current TS to 9 as discussed here on other recent threads? Not lookin to make an open gun, but obviously I was willing to either have the barrel longer than the slide or to have it cut off. Maybe threaded for suppressor.

This is the one to drop into your .40 TS slide and shoot 9mm: http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/047004940706_Barrel-Tactical-Sport-9mm

When I first built the 9mm upper for my TS I tried to get away with using .40 mags, I even tuned the feed lips to 9mm specs, but alas, I now have two sets of mags.

As far as 9mm out of .40 mags: they would upchuck a round straight up at least once per mag.

9mm feeds perfectly reliably out of mecgar 40 mags (for 75/spo1) (and vice versa). only difference appears to be the placement of the witness holes.

Edited by motosapiens

I should have specified: I was writing in past tense with regards to my experience shooting 9mm out of .40 mags for the Tactical Sport; it is my resonable expectation that you will see similar results when shooting 9mm out of the .40 mags for your Tactical Sport (I made the assumption Will was talking about his Tactical Sport). This should in no way be construed as my prediction of the performance of any other platform on which I have not tried to shoot 9mm out of a .40 mag.

:cheers:

I want to get one of those mythical Shadow upper that are never in stock on the CZC website so I can make an Open Upper for my TS.

I have a Cmore STS I would mount to the sight notch with the Docter mount and Cmore-to-Docter adapter.

I would get maybe 2 mags and just change loads and uppers for Steel Challenge.

So, if anyone runs accross a spare shadow slide let me know. i wish there were something I could do with my chopped up TS slide ):

IMG_1896_zps2231104e.jpg

I want to get one of those mythical Shadow upper that are never in stock on the CZC website so I can make an Open Upper for my TS.

I have a Cmore STS I would mount to the sight notch with the Docter mount and Cmore-to-Docter adapter.

I would get maybe 2 mags and just change loads and uppers for Steel Challenge.

So, if anyone runs accross a spare shadow slide let me know. i wish there were something I could do with my chopped up TS slide ):

IMG_1896_zps2231104e.jpg

If your going to use it in open any SP 01 slide would work, just remover the FPB.