Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best 2011 frame and slide combo?

Mlussoro

looking to start building a 2011 limited gun, whats the best bang for buck 2011 frame and slide combo out there? links appreciated,

If your wanting 2011 stamped on the frame you will have to get an STI, if your wanting a hi cap 1911 frame I would try to find an SVI, if your wanting to save some bucks go with the new aftermarket hi cap frames like the PT or CK...

I am in the middle of two builds with Phoenix Trinity frames, STI slides and KKM Barrels. I ordered one of the frames with PT's steel grip.

I cant say enough about how great Phoenix Trinity is turning out!

The stuff is beautiful. Both frames are measuring exactly the same. Both the PT grip and/or an STI grip are going on flawlessly.

These two builds were Accurailed by Doug Jones and when we talked, he told me he really likes them also. (That is a real endorsement).

All the components that relate to frames (grip and thumb safety's, barrels, etc.) are fitting with ease.

It's my opinion that these frames and grips will be considered to be a real advancement of the 2011 concept.

The price of the frames is right. The grips are a bit of an investment but they are well worth the money.

I am in the middle of two builds with Phoenix Trinity frames, STI slides and KKM Barrels. I ordered one of the frames with PT's steel grip.

I cant say enough about how great Phoenix Trinity is turning out!

The stuff is beautiful. Both frames are measuring exactly the same. Both the PT grip and/or an STI grip are going on flawlessly.

These two builds were Accurailed by Doug Jones and when we talked, he told me he really likes them also. (That is a real endorsement).

All the components that relate to frames (grip and thumb safety's, barrels, etc.) are fitting with ease.

It's my opinion that these frames and grips will be considered to be a real advancement of the 2011 concept.

The price of the frames is right. The grips are a bit of an investment but they are well worth the money.

if you get time.....could you post a pic of the pt grip? im really intrested in getting one with the grip

The PT stuff is good and cheaper then sti, but the real deal is the pt steel grip, its a deal changer. I have 4 2011 6in 40 cal guns right now. Put a pt grip on one gun and can't explain how much it changes the guns. I showed two buddy's one a M and the other a GM and they both placed orders right away. I am trying to get a hold of the PT folks to buy two more. I hesitate to tell anyone about this because its a noticeable advantage in limited div.

I was emailing with freedom this week and they dont have a steel grip so i wont order a new gun until someone does.

Just buy one

Adam

post-10485-0-26232000-1390014744_thumb.j

I have a few of the PT frames on STI slides fitted and ready to be machined. They were very close in rail dimensions if not the same.

The STI slides were not all the same at all. Good inspection of what you have before trying to fit is a must!

I see FreedomGunWorks has their own frames now too?

I put one of the PT frames on my TS 2011 22LR coversion and it's been working fine as long as it's not at a Steel Challenge.

Seems the swinging motion doesn't agree with my kit. Nothing wrong with the frame-maybe the conv slide is too tight on the barrel?

Not sure if it's any better than a STI frames but it is slightly less expensive.

I use STI slides because that's what Brownells carries.

Nick