Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ohio (Buckeye) Section Match

Well, time to try to make Flexmoney happier.

Since you were kind enough not to ask me kind of funky magazine this was, when I handed you a SPEEDLOADER for my S&W 686 at the 2004 Buckeye Blast, I suppose that I will try to make it across the Ohio border again.

And just to show that I am a slow learner, yes I will be using a wheelgun again.

But the plan this time is to use a S&W 625. (not for the moon clips...I need to make as big a hole in the target as I can, to try to get near to the A-Zone :wacko: )

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a native Ohioan, I'm going to do my very best to attend!

Sam C. (a native Iowegan) might be in the midst of Little League season (his other major passion in life) that weekend, so it might be just me--but if I can possibly work it out, we'll both show up. With our revolvers.

Is there an entry form I can look at yet?

Once I print off an entry form, it's awfully hard not to sign up...... :)

Mike

Also, there is a State Park...very close to the range. I am told that they are a great place for camping. And, I am told to get in touch with them ASAP to reserve a spot.

I see that the Park has Rental RV's, Rental Cottages, Cabins. Teepee's ;) etc...

Sounds like a good time to me.....

We are planning to run this match as a Level III OK...revolver shooters...sound off! Can we get twenty revolver shooters to this match? If so, USPSA is offering up slots to the Nationals for you. (And, I'll do my part to see that stage desing isn't evil to the wheel gunners ;) )

It is probably a safe bet to add three more:

myself

marmot452

Bill N.

There is no such thing as "revolver friendly" so just set it up and let the devil have his way - we'll shoot the SOB anyway you care to design it!

Barretone,

What about Sweeney? 1 1/2 months before Nats? might be a good tune up and if Flex does get his 20 surely someone could give him some competition? B)

Hop

Not only that...but, I am not afraid to use all the legal targets in the rule book...meaning that you can expect to see plenty of "turtle target" (I can't bring myself to call them "classics targets").

There is no such thing as "revolver friendly" so just set it up and let the devil have his way - we'll shoot the SOB anyway you care to design it!

Redmist...I love a positive attitude!!!

I'll try to see that the stages are SOB's for every division. :)

Redmist...I love a positive attitude!!! 

I'll try to see that the stages are SOB's for every division.  :)

I'm trying Flex, honest, I'm REALLY trying.....

I think I've deleted more of my own messages in the last two days then I've posted. What was that tag line you had about walking away from people saying stupid things?

By the way, when will this match be approved and applications become available. I beleive I'll have the money for the match after I cancel my applications for the two IDPA matches I signed up for already. <_< See! Yet another positive out of a negative! :P Boy, this is getting easy!

Bill I must agree...

In the now 14 months I have been shootng the wheel gun competitively I have found out this one major thing....

Revolver shooters MUST be able to deal with much adversity. <_<

HOP

See ya'll there, if any way possible. B)

Went through the calendar with the spouse last evening--everything's looking pretty good, schedule-wise. So at this point Young Sam and I are planning to sign up for the Ohio match.

We might not be too far from that goal of 20 wheelgunners after all!

Mike

Updated: June 9

Here is the current count.

Wheelgunner list:

1. GlenB

2. John Ba.

3. John Bo.

4. Mike C.

5. Sam C.

6. Phil G.

7. Mike H.

8. Sam K.

9. SAKO

10. Steve L.

11. Mike McD.

12. Dave M.

13. Fred P.

14. Nick R.

15. Adam P.

16. Steve R.

There are two more that talked about shooting Revolver at the Ohio, but I haven't seen their apps yet.

We have another two shooters that are signed up for other divisions. They say, if we need them to make 20, they will shoot wheel gun. I'd like to see us make 20 20 without pulling from other divisions...so, round up (get it.."round" up :) ) some more wheelies.

I have another Ohio shooter that I am trying to get to the match. He shoots everything (most of it pretty well).

Marmot will be in if we can get him qualified in time. He's second only to me for being "a sucker for a major match." B) He's my brother-in-law and the reason I started shooting revolver. <_<

Edited by Flexmoney

Marmot can shoot, as long as he is a USPSA member. He doesn't have to have a classification first (though, there will be plenty of time to get one if he wants).

I got an email today, and I added two more rounders to the list.

(Steve, I edited the list out of your post since I'll just keep going back and updating the one in my other post. I don't want anybody signing in to the thread and seeing the "non-updated" list.)

Marmot can shoot, as long as he is a USPSA member. He doesn't have to have a classification first (though, there will be plenty of time to get one if he wants).

I got an email today, and I added two more rounders to the list.

(Steve, I edited the list out of your post since I'll just keep going back and updating the one in my other post. I don't want anybody signing in to the thread and seeing the "non-updated" list.)

Oh, he finally joined - I'm going to get him classified! :lol:

You can edit, delete, whatever you please. I'm just visiting....

Flex, aren't you a revolver mastr???   :D

Ol' Flex will surprise you! I was mildly amused when I let him shoot one of mine but after a few minutes he got it running pretty good. B)

It helps if someone doesn't give you one with a bent front sight :blink: . Incidentally, Flex, I figured out that the barrel had actually moved and that caused the front sight to be misaligned. Good thing I had another one in the range bag...

It's there if you are inclined to shoot revo at that match! :)...front sight fixed, too.