Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Florida State USPSA Championship

This first major of the year is fast approaching. Still room to sign up via Match Sign Up!

Match is Jan 17-19, 2014 at Universal Shooting Academy.

10 stages 250+/- rounds.

Stages will be posted soon on UniversalShootingAcademy.com

Registration open on MatchSignUp.net

Come out of the arctic and enjoy a match in great weather!

This is going to be my first Level 2 USPSA match so I'm really excited about it. USA always does a great job with their matches so I'm glad my first one is there.

So if you see an RO following someone around a stage with a sundial and a disgusted look, say "Hi" when I'm (eventually) done with the stage.

Thanks! I feel like a kid before Christmas waiting for the stages to come out.

I'm shooting with some people from my club including one of the very nice people there who is mentoring me in becoming better. My plan is to stay safe and go with conservative stage planning (I'm shooting Production), but still making sure I engage all of the various swingers, etc that I know will be common. That will result in a fair share of mikes and no shoots, but that's part of learning.

I'm shooting with some people from my club including one of the very nice people there who is mentoring me in becoming better. My plan is to stay safe and go with conservative stage planning (I'm shooting Production), but still making sure I engage all of the various swingers, etc that I know will be common. That will result in a fair share of mikes and no shoots, but that's part of learning.

Don't let yourself get psyched out. Granted it's a level II match but you'll probably find it has the feel of your typical club match. Sure there will be new things thrown at you but you're a C class shooter you didn't get out of D class without having some skill :). Plan your stage and shoot your plan.

HI Express should give you $89 if you mention Universal Shooting Academy.

Let me know if they do not.....that is our agreement.

I would not recommend the Hampton Inn in Lake Wales. The new manager will not offer any special price for USA students or competitors. In fact I would appreciate staying somewhere else. I'm about to pull them totally off of our website.