Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rubber base pads won't fit Mec Gar AFC 17 rounders?

Sliv2

I ordered a bunch of the CZC rubber base pads for my new Mec Gar mags. None of them fit. They all come very close, but don't align properly with the locking pin.

Has anybody encountered this before? If so, have any advice?

Might try the new aluminum pads from Ben Stoeger's pro shop if you can't get the rubber ones to work.

That's my backup plan. But, if I can save the money, I'd prefer to stick with these - assuming I can get them on.

You can buy the locking plate from CZ-USA for $3/per. If there's a coupon code, even less.

Seems like the locking plate is the missing piece of the puzzle here. I just assumed the Mec Gar ones would be identical, silly me.

What eerw said..... but if you hold the mag by the follower end & hit the side of the mags, other end on the palm of your hand, the momentum will shift the lock plate & it will snap in. You will have to look at the base pad to see what direction to hit the mag so that when it hits your hand and stops, will make lock plate move and snap in.

Edited by CZ85Combat

Might try the new aluminum pads from Ben Stoeger's pro shop if you can't get the rubber ones to work.

That's my backup plan. But, if I can save the money, I'd prefer to stick with these - assuming I can get them on.

Ben is selling a pad set for the Nickel mag and the MecGar AFC mag.

:cheers:

The CZ rubber mag plates did not fix my MecGar 15 round mags (different mag) either -- but a little time with the dremel on the inside lip solved the problem.

No matter how hard I pressed the "Locking Pin" would not engage before grinding away a little metal.

UK

Edited by UKWildcats