Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I think I just ruined my M2

RAZZ

The H&K super 90 and the M1 Benelli are identical. The M1 and M2 are quite different and can not interchange.

As to the orriginal poster's problem, you cqan save it...or I sould say Mark Roth can save it. The guy who makes the X-Rail (Mark Roth) aklso makes a one piece tube for the M2 and at times I know he has made them with a "captured" follower. You would meerly unscrew your factory tube, and follow Mark's directions and screw in his one piece tube and you would be back in business! Give Mark at X-Rail a call and save your gun!!!!

That HK branded M1 receiver is interesting. Are M1 and M2 receivers identical?

The h&k has some differences from the true benelli m1 and it will be for the most part useless with the m2, maybe barrel, bolt and shell catch will work... This is from experience btw.

The H&K super 90 and the M1 Benelli are identical. The M1 and M2 are quite different and can not interchange.

As to the orriginal poster's problem, you cqan save it...or I sould say Mark Roth can save it. The guy who makes the X-Rail (Mark Roth) aklso makes a one piece tube for the M2 and at times I know he has made them with a "captured" follower. You would meerly unscrew your factory tube, and follow Mark's directions and screw in his one piece tube and you would be back in business! Give Mark at X-Rail a call and save your gun!!!!

Well i know you have worked on a lot of these and are a shotgun shooting god but I have owned all 3 and there were differneces in some of the threading size in my hk and benelli m1... i dont know what else to say besides i had them both in front of me and saw it for myself... the main ones i can recall had to do with the recoil system so it probably wouldnt effect this situation anyway... but according to the serial number on the guns the hk and m1 are not all identical.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shell catches, follower doesn't because it doesn't have a lip/rim to catch on

Until the gun cycles. All this would do is turn the follower into the last shot in the tube. As a bonus, you would have a bunch of coil spring in the action to make things really interesting.

just following Petshop and Kurt down that rabbit hole ;) but if you glued a shell head to the follower you wouldn't have to worry about the spring unless it fed the follower up into the receiver

You could step back to slotting the follower so you could use your car keys to push the modified follower/shell end back into the tube so you can then reload there is a funny YouTube video in the making right there,..

Would vote for the captured follower tube replacement as posted earlier sort of like the one on my cheap Mossberg 500 :)

Well let,s see, Do you think that H&K made the Super 90? If that is the case, how did an Italian firm get the rights to them from the Germans?

I think that Benelli made all of them and H&K was meerly the importer before Benelli got their own import licence and then did it themselves. Any Benelli Super 90 made before serial number 500,000 or so had the earlier thread patterns. This applied to both H&K marked BENELLI Super 90s and BENELLI marked Super 90s. Yes Benelli had been up grading the M1 under BOTH names but I can guaranty they Made both!! H&K never made the Super 90. Now let me ask you did a 1980 Ford F-150 have the same brakes as a 1995 Ford F-150? No, and some early Benelli parts don't fit latter Benelli parts, but the main components like receiver, barrel, stock groups, bolt and carrier....etc are all the same.

Well let,s see, Do you think that H&K made the Super 90? If that is the case, how did an Italian firm get the rights to them from the Germans?

I think that Benelli made all of them and H&K was meerly the importer before Benelli got their own import licence and then did it themselves. Any Benelli Super 90 made before serial number 500,000 or so had the earlier thread patterns. This applied to both H&K marked BENELLI Super 90s and BENELLI marked Super 90s. Yes Benelli had been up grading the M1 under BOTH names but I can guaranty they Made both!! H&K never made the Super 90. Now let me ask you did a 1980 Ford F-150 have the same brakes as a 1995 Ford F-150? No, and some early Benelli parts don't fit latter Benelli parts, but the main components like receiver, barrel, stock groups, bolt and carrier....etc are all the same.

I don't know who made what or half the history you do but I agree with what you are saying about the main parts for sure. I just wanted to make the point that what I had seen with the recoil system threads was different and I know there was another part but I can't remember what it was.

Your fiesty for an old man lol! And no I don't know about any dang fords all my trucks are Chevys lmao. Seriously I think you are awesome shooter and love wAtchin you mow down a shotty stage but I don't like saying I saw something with my own eyes and then having someone say in the next post it isn't so. Anyhow seems like we have gotten a little clarity on the receivers and serial numbers so thanks.

I sure didn't mean to say what you had seen was wrong, far from it. what I was trying to say (poorly I guess) is that an H&K and a Benelli are the same, because they are both made by Benelli. I can guaranty that H&K NEVER made a shotgun. Now I will say this...ALL H&K marked Benelli Super 90,s are early pattern M1s. Benelli broke away from H&K as an importer in 1994 (remeber in late 94 the assault weapon ban was instituted and the H&K had the long mag tube so couldn't be imported) and started importing the guns themselves as Benelli USA. I have one of the first M1,s that was imported by H&K that is only marked BENELLI. An over sight? Never got stamped? who knows. Anyway sorry it came accross that I meant you were wrong, I sure didn't mean it that way. Kurt

I sure didn't mean to say what you had seen was wrong, far from it. what I was trying to say (poorly I guess) is that an H&K and a Benelli are the same, because they are both made by Benelli. I can guaranty that H&K NEVER made a shotgun. Now I will say this...ALL H&K marked Benelli Super 90,s are early pattern M1s. Benelli broke away from H&K as an importer in 1994 (remeber in late 94 the assault weapon ban was instituted and the H&K had the long mag tube so couldn't be imported) and started importing the guns themselves as Benelli USA. I have one of the first M1,s that was imported by H&K that is only marked BENELLI. An over sight? Never got stamped? who knows. Anyway sorry it came accross that I meant you were wrong, I sure didn't mean it that way. Kurt

But seriously you dont drive fords right?

No, the stuff I drive has a Cummins B block in it with a mechanical pump. I also had a Corvair for a while, but it needed a radiator cap....just try to find a radiator cap for a Corvair....you get real big points if you can figure out why a Corvair needs a radiator cap! :)

No, the stuff I drive has a Cummins B block in it with a mechanical pump. I also had a Corvair for a while, but it needed a radiator cap....just try to find a radiator cap for a Corvair....you get real big points if you can figure out why a Corvair needs a radiator cap! :)

im standing on the run way

• 3 months later...

So I finally got around to contacting XRail. After humorously poking fun at my 'gunsmithing' abilities, Brandon told me he could help me out. Long story short, the old magazine tube comes out, the new 'captured' model goes in, and I no longer feel like a complete moron.

It should be here in a few days, and I'll post a picture of it installed.

Thanks for all your help!

CorvAIR?

Edited by StarvinPilgrim

• 2 weeks later...

So just a little update:

XRail arrived

Xrail installed

I now have a shotgun again

It was an expensive mistake--but not so bad. I needed an extended tube anyway, so nearly half of the cost of the XRail was negated by that alone. For you other home gunsmiths like me, you can rest assured that this is a viable method of getting your M2 back in action after getting a little carried away with the dremel.