2014 Benelli/ Rockcastle Shotgun Championship

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've heard its Aug 7-8

Those are the dates. Plan to be at the Rock all day, both days. Staff will be shooting on Thursday the 6th, when competitors may view stages that are not occupied with staff.

And...one stage will be a minimum of 50 rounds. :surprise:

All other stages will be in compliance with the 2015 IPSC shotgun rules: http://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesShotgun.pdf

1.2.1 General Courses of Fire: 1.2.1.1 Short Courses – Must not require more than 8 rounds to complete and are restricted to a maximum of 12 scoring hits.IPSC Shotgun Rules, January 2015 Edition 2 1.2.1.2 Medium Courses – Must not require more than 16 rounds to complete and are restricted to a maximum of 24 scoring hits. Course design and construction must not require more than 8 rounds to be shot from any single location or view. 1.2.1.3 Long Courses – Must not require more than 28 rounds to complete and are restricted to a maximum of 32 scoring hits. Course design and construction must not require more than 8 rounds to be shot from any single location or view. A COF requiring 24 or more rounds must not stipulate an unloaded gun as a start condition.

We plan to recognize Open, Standard, Standard Manual and "Outlaw" divisions.

Outlaw will follow generally accepted 3Gun rules for Tac-Ops, therefore allowing chest rigs and other non IPSC compliant gear. Equipment checks will be conducted at check-in in a manner similar to what will occur at WorldShoot.

Will there still be a "You touched it, you own it" policy at the prize table this year?

BTW, really liking the 50 round stage idea!

This will be an awesome pimer for those of us going to the World Shoot.....thanks for that.

Your shotgun will probably be too long for standard Dillen. I had to run an 11 round tube or get one of those super thin Benelli butt pads to make the length requirement which of course I didn't have.

Sing me up for Outlaw. My only request is to pay no attention to the IPSC requirement that most stages should SUCK, I mean most stages are short courses. The Pan American match about 8 rounded me to death!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

BTW, really liking the 50 round stage idea!

Tom (Benelli) wanted something commensurate with the reputation of the Benelli shotguns...thus, it will be "Simply Perfect". So thank Tom for the idea, it was all his. But I will certainly enjoy the implementation.

No mulligans.

I know some of you have not shot my stages before, but they are, first and foremost, a test of your shooting skills, no shenanigans allowed. I have had some of my friends be a bit upset after attempting some of my stages, but I am still friends with all of them. :)

Working with the Nobles to get the application and info up on the webpage and then we will have the information here on a 2015 Benelli Rockcastle thread before registration opens.