Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme back with discount!

SMS2

Kevin, the ogive of the 115 jhp bullet is such that you need to load it deep....around 1.110 OAL for fit into most chambers. Think of it as a TC type bullet that is long with short blunt taper. I thought the same thing. They work great for sc practice and the like but don't buy a buttload thinking you can load them long....Your chamber may be set up to handle them.....but check first... :goof:

DougC

Kevin, the ogive of the 115 jhp bullet is such that you need to load it deep....around 1.110 OAL for fit into most chambers. Think of it as a TC type bullet that is long with short blunt taper. I thought the same thing. They work great for sc practice and the like but don't buy a buttload thinking you can load them long....Your chamber may be set up to handle them.....but check first... :goof:

DougC

Thanks Doug! Might look into it a little more. Maybe I can get a handful from somebody??

DougC

Thanks Doug! Might look into it a little more. Maybe I can get a handful from somebody??
If you want to try a few let me know and I will get you some, have jhp and hpcb.

You can also buy zero at $98.00 for the 121 gr

Where? Out of stock at ROZE and SC.

Was going to say the same, and in any case, I don't see anything priced at 98 on roze.

I buy from ZERO not roze!!

Just checked ZERO out and it looks like it is wholesale only to a business. Requires either an FFL or business license. I see something that say 8$ additional to ship to a residence but still requires paperwork. For retail customers it says to go to ROZE.

Does no good to quote a price that is not available to those who don't have access.

Not to mention you have to create an account to even see what is in stock. NO THANKS! Too many other great products out there.

http://www.zerobullets.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

Edited by Sarge

I use both MG 124 JHP and Xtreme 124HP exclusively in 9 major open at 172PF. They both perform extremely well, accurate and clean. The concern that some have regarding the Xtreme is that the plating wont hold up at the velocity required in open. My understanding is that they are good up to 1600 fps, far beyond the realm of major, my expeierence is that it leaves no plating or shards behind. As for the 115 HP, while I don't use them, if you do the math 1475 fps will give you 170PF still below the 1600fps.

I actually prefer MG 124 JHP slightly over Xtreme but not by much. Actually MG, when bought by the case, are slightly less expensive than the Xtremes when they're not on sale.