Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revisited- Razor GEN2HD 1-6X24

ffgats

I got this particular scope because I read a lot of good reviews and good experiences/feebacks from"Vortex- Alamo" previous post. Thanks for all your post, I am a very satisfied and happy with my Purchase that was almost 4 months ago.

I hear a lot NAY SAYERS and from ANTI VORTEX that the Durability of my scope is close to crap, ..Although I havnt really used my Razor that much for the last 4 months, ( winter) up here, but I did some CQB and maybe 5 3Gguns matches, and so far my Razor is holding on , no issues so far.

Would you be kind emough to share some problems or breakage on your Razor or anybody whom you know that has encounter some .

thanks

I accidentally dropped my rifle off a table while sighting in. It fell on the scope (Razor) on concrete. It knocked the windage off 1 moa, that's it. I wouldn't suggest repeating that experiment, but I'd say it's durable. Not to mention the hundreds of times I've spiked my rifle in dump barrels and never had the zero move a bit.

I don't think I have ever heard anyone complain about the durability of a Vortex Razor. Were are you getting this info?

from some of the CQBers and 3 GUNners I was shooting with, I beleive it was a more of a Vortex in general sort of a comment. some of them were shooting with the PST LINE before.

I agree with the heavy complaint, but I would rather trim weight somewhere else on the rifle, or (God forbid) lift weights rather than use a crummier scope that can't handle some banging around just to save 6oz. I wouldn't have spent as much on my optics platform as on my rifle if I didn't think that durability was important. I have not been disappointed. Knock on wood, but since installing the Vortex, I have gone 1 for 1 on long range steels in all but 2 matches since early summer. :P :P My old scope (won't mention the brand because they are generally pretty good) needed to be re-zeroed about every third match. THAT gets old!

I love mine and their customer service is amazing. I had an issue with my Larue mount and called them to make sure it wouldn't have hurt the scope and they wanted it sent to them for free next day just to make sure. They also lightened the magnification ring for me. I called them again after my last match about the target sometimes getting blurry and they said it sounds like it was just the cold but paid to send the scope and mount because the tech was curious and also wanted to make sure it was mounded right. LT on the other hand gave me quite a bit of crap over the same mount issue trying to throw blame around.

Also google Vortex Razor HDII 1-6x problems... All I came up with are reviews saying "I love this scope it never has any problems" and things like that.

I love mine and their customer service is amazing. I had an issue with my Larue mount and called them to make sure it wouldn't have hurt the scope and they wanted it sent to them for free next day just to make sure. They also lightened the magnification ring for me. I called them again after my last match about the target sometimes getting blurry and they said it sounds like it was just the cold but paid to send the scope and mount because the tech was curious and also wanted to make sure it was mounded right. LT on the other hand gave me quite a bit of crap over the same mount issue trying to throw blame around.

Also google Vortex Razor HDII 1-6x problems... All I came up with are reviews saying "I love this scope it never has any problems" and things like that.

I am planning to have my magnification ring lightened too. whats was the waiting time for this

thanks