Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide/Frame compatibility for Glocks

GregSmith

Have a glock 22. Would love it if I could throw on different slides for different applications. Can you put a 35 or a 24 slide on a 22 frame? Seems like the full sized guns would have similar if not the same frame. Also, could I get away with something like a 17L slide on it?

If you can, are there any other considerations in switching out slides?

Edited by GregSmith

you can put a 35 or 24 slide on a 22 frame because the frames and trigger parts for these are identical.

the 17/34/17L slides will fit, but the ejector is different for 9mm. Also, the extractor and extractor spring assembly is different in 9mm. I think you could get away with putting a full-size 9mm upper on if you use the proper trigger assembly which has the ejector on it (not sure of the name of this part)

I've been wanting to do a little project and have been wondering, will a 26 slide fit on a 19 frame that has some of the dust cover cut? I've heard the opposite works

I know you can put a 19 slide on a 26 frame i'm not sure about vice versa. If you own both of these pistols take some measurements, if you cut the dust cover down i don't see why it wouldn't work

I've been wanting to do a little project and have been wondering, will a 26 slide fit on a 19 frame that has some of the dust cover cut? I've heard the opposite works

The sub compact Glocks G26/G27/G33/G39 have the same locking block.

The compact Glocks G19/G23/G32/G38 have the same locking block.

The sub compact and compact locking blocks are not the same and slides do not interchange between sub compacts and compacts.

The sub compact and compact locking blocks are not the same and slides do not interchange between sub compacts and compacts.

Do the full size frames use the same locking block as compact?

Do the full size frames use the same locking block as compact?

No, Glock uses a total of three different locking blocks on current pistols.

1.Sub compacts.

2.Compacts

3. Full size.