Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNH FNS.40L

Thinking of picking one of these up as I have a thing for Production division guns...

- looks like the magwell area has a little bit of flare...can anyone comment on how much flare there is? I haven't seen a picture looking inside the magwell...this is kind of a big deal for me, as in Production division you have to make 3 mag changes (at least) every stage...

- anybody know what can be done/where to go to make this trigger more competition ready? 5 lbs is kinda heavy when others in the division are shooting 3 lb Glocks and 2.5 lb CZ's...

- once the trigger is optimized, would it be more like a competition Glock or competition XDM trigger? I had an XDM with a Powder River trigger - very 1911-like and not Glock-like at all (short, crisp.)

Thanks!

I played around with the trigger on mine(removed some material where the sear meets the disconnect and polished things up ). Its a little lighter and kinda feels like a Glock trigger now. These guns are not the easiest to reassemble once you have taken the sear housing apart. I guessing springs and trigger parts will be coming over the next couple of months, now that the 5" guns are available.

• 3 months later...

Nighthawk1911, I Love these guns. Just picked up my second 4" model to use for comps till i can score a longslide version. Can you please tell us where we can get the magazine extension you have attached in your pictures.

I have looked everywhere for some and cannot find them. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.