Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can I install a SVI flat trigger in my STI edge?

spikers220

I just recently purchased a Brazos custom STI edge. The gun has a flat black plastic trigger on it. However, I would like to install a SVI blue flat trigger to match my blue Dawson base pads and magwell. I would like to know if the new trigger will need to be fitted? Will it change my current trigger pull? What parts do I need? And where would be the best place to buy the trigger? I appreciate the help.

STI trigger bow is wider than the SVI. It will be sloppy and a corner can drop out of the rail jamming the trigger. Drop in works but far from 100%.

If You want it to be done properly the best way is to install the SVI trigger on the STI bow.

Also don't bother with Tri-Glide on a non-STI. Seen to many chewed up bows and discos.

And as said above, trigger needs to be fitted to the grip.

Eddie just get the trigger insert you like and the bow then take it to Ortiz Customs, he is the closest to you that doesn't make a big deal out of installing an SV trigger on a STI grip. He has done 4 for me personally they fit and work great. Ortiz customs 912-925-0799.

I thought the triglide was fantastic. I removed it because you had to keep it clean. At the time I thought that was a negative to the design. I realize now any high end trigger needs to be kept clean to function the way you want. The triglide makes anyone a master trigger maker. Not sure if they make it anymore however.

• 1 month later...

So do most people, narrow down the trigger shoe/insert, or widen the trigger slot in the grip? What are the pro's and con's of each?

Also, putting the SV trigger on an STI bow just consists of knocking out the retaining pin moving the trigger to the other bow and taping the pin back in doesn't it? Or is there more to it?

On plastic grips I modify the grip. On metal frames I modify the trigger. It's more work to modify the grip, and there's not a lot of space to work with, but it seems easier to get a smoother fit for me. Never don't the bow/shoe swap so can't compare.

-424D57

So do most people, narrow down the trigger shoe/insert, or widen the trigger slot in the grip? What are the pro's and con's of each?

Also, putting the SV trigger on an STI bow just consists of knocking out the retaining pin moving the trigger to the other bow and taping the pin back in doesn't it? Or is there more to it?

The trigger isn't held onto the bow with a pin. The plastic one is molded onto the now and the sv one is peened in place. What you describe can be done, but if you don't know what you are doing there is a high probability of ruining two triggers.

The shape of the bow on the sv needs to be re worked to fit. It is narrower and longer front to back.

Let a gunsmith do it.