Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Full Auto 22 Upper Suggestions

Tom Freeman

A couple years ago I was talking with the Nordic guys at a match somewhere about their Full Auto 22 upper. It motivated me enough to go spend the coin on a M-16A1.

Now that I am stateside again and have the gun in hand, I find out Nordic has since put the project on the back burner.

From what I can tell Spikes made an excellent one, but they got out of the 22 upper business a while back.

Anyone have any ideas?

My Nordic upper runs like a boss with BDM X-Forms and Federal Bulk Pack. Take a look at the guy who designed the Nordic uppers, he's got his own now:

http://taccom3g.com/AR15_22LR_COMPONENTS.html

Not sure if JP can get a Nordic still or not:

http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.15_22LR.php

Full auto?

My semi auto Nordic runs perfect. I am bummed they didnt go ahead with the full auto version.

The back of the taccom bolt looks like a standard ceiner profile (from the picture on their website) so I can't see why it wouldn't take a sear trip and an anti-bounce weight. But best to check with them.

I sent Tim a PM a couple weeks ago but have not heard back. I have been meaning to call him at the shop and ask but have not yet.

You can get a cmmg 22 conversion it is basically the same thing as a spikes. both are based off of the atchinsson design. You will also need a trip and anti bounce weight which cmmg sells also. Right now they are the only ones that I know of that sell them other than ceiner. ceiner is kind of hard to deal with and ordering from him is a little weird. you should know that some 22 kits run right out of the box but most don't. It will probably take some tinkering and finding it's favorite ammo. When they run right they are a blast.

• 2 months later...