Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Somebody - Sell me on a Cheely 2011 IDPA 9mm...

spikers220

Just what the title says. I would like to know some things about CCG because I have zero experience with them. I am looking for a top notch IDPA gun and I feel this gun will suit my needs. Please enlighten me with your experiences either with a custom built gun from CCG or any experiences you may have had with the builder.

I just received an open gun from Matt ~2wks ago and it's a beautiful gun. Highly recommended. I have friends that Matt has built guns for and the quality has been top notch. He will build whatever you want.

You will be hard pressed to find a better builder than Matt Cheely of CCGunworks! He built an Open gun for me two seasons ago and it is virtually as reliable as my Glock was. His customer service is as good as his builds.

There is no reason to worry about buying a gun from Matt.

I ordered an LDC .40 based on all the research and recommendations here. He always seems to be at the top of some very short lists. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

I got my Cheely 40 a couple wks ago and after a 100 rounds or so break-in the action is smooth as butter while still tight. Also extemely accurate. Now I'm spoiled.

Eric

Since I'm on the subject, how long did it take to get yours? I ordered mine last December so I'm hoping there's some light at the end of the tunnel. Excitement is killing me...

I have one Cheely gun and am waiting for my second with two top ends. Very very satisfied. Excellent customer service and top quality guns that run and run and run. Mine is still up on his gallery page. I feel like a proud papa!

J

I ordered an LDC .40 based on all the research and recommendations here. He always seems to be at the top of some very short lists. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

I got my Cheely 40 a couple wks ago and after a 100 rounds or so break-in the action is smooth as butter while still tight. Also extemely accurate. Now I'm spoiled.

Eric

Since I'm on the subject, how long did it take to get yours? I ordered mine last December so I'm hoping there's some light at the end of the tunnel. Excitement is killing me...

8 1/2 months, however I am not a good example as Matt contacted me recently, let me know that it would still be quite awhile till he got to my 6" build, but offered me a 5.4" he had on hand. I took that instead of waiting for the 6". I am delighted with the 5.4" which is on his new CK Arms frame.

Eric

Edited by eric4069

His work is worth every penny; love my Limited gun & most likely will never sell it. Call me a snob but I chose Matt for the combination of mechanical engineering education plus grandmaster skills. I changed my mind on a couple of prototype ideas and he made changes about as quick as it takes to ship in both directions.

He's got my Open gun now to re-blue the top end, his bluing is fantastic. Not to knock any other gunsmiths but if there's one better than Matt anywhere, they're not very dang much better, no way, he's got this stuff figured out.

Matt has built several 2011's, One 1911, one Caspian Hi Cap, and thru a hybrid barrel on a STI Tactical for me. All work has been perfect and his customer service is second to none. Throw done the cash and start the wait. It will be worth every penny and then some. Mark