Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bought my first Tanfoglio

Kahai808

I finally bought my first Tanfoglio. Now I have to wait 10 days, damn Cali!

Pick up a Stock II for production. I usually shoot a G34 and it's done well over the years! Should have a lot of fun learning a new platform for next season! I wanna thank ogiebb advice!

post-41761-13863630172_thumb.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick up a Stock II for production. I usually shoot a G34 and it's done well over the years! Should have a lot of fun learning a new platform for next season! I wanna thank ogiebb advice!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1386363015.566873.jpg

Very Nice!!! Congrats Dean

Posted ImageImageUploadedByTapatalk1386363015.566873.jpg

Very Nice!!! Congrats Dean

Thanks! It's gotta stiff DA but I'm gonna work it over like u told me!

I just picked up a Stock 1 a month or so ago, and so far I really like it. Compared to the plastic guns I've been shooting it's so much nicer. Accuracy seems better, and the sights recover faster (presumably due to that big cone barrel and the all around heavier frame). The only challenge I have run into was failures to feed and extract properly with my 130ish power factor loads. Out of the box it ran fine on factory ammo (though in truth I only put a small amount through it), but I had frequent issues with my reloads. Ultimately the solution was a lighter 8 lb recoil spring and a lighter 13 lb. hammer spring. Once I put those in my feeding and extracting issues went away and the gun barely recoils.

Still working on my trigger, and I'm getting a few more light primer hits than I'd like, which I'm working on as well.

Safe shooting!

I just picked up a Stock 1 a month or so ago, and so far I really like it. Compared to the plastic guns I've been shooting it's so much nicer. Accuracy seems better, and the sights recover faster (presumably due to that big cone barrel and the all around heavier frame). The only challenge I have run into was failures to feed and extract properly with my 130ish power factor loads. Out of the box it ran fine on factory ammo (though in truth I only put a small amount through it), but I had frequent issues with my reloads. Ultimately the solution was a lighter 8 lb recoil spring and a lighter 13 lb. hammer spring. Once I put those in my feeding and extracting issues went away and the gun barely recoils.

Still working on my trigger, and I'm getting a few more light primer hits than I'd like, which I'm working on as well.

Safe shooting!

Go to a 14# hammer spring and I think you'll get rid of all the light strike issues.

The XL firing pin is also on my list to consider, but it's my understanding that Henning's firing pin isn't Production legal. Or at least the one he lists on his website. I've seen other posts that allude to a new Production legal XL firing pin, but I don't know if that is ready for prime time or not. Maybe some of you guys know. :)

The other option obviously is to order Eric's from France, but that takes some time, unless someone is stocking these parts in the US that I don't know about.

I think it's not production legal because you have to remove the firing pin block to use it. Forgot about that part. I shoot Limited with my Tanfo so I don't have to worry about that part.

Could order Erics now and by the time shooting season is back you'd be good t