DrLove

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have 2 AR's for competition.

One is for carbine matches and has a 16in barrel with an EOTech 512.

Empty weight is 7.1 lbs.

The other is for 3-gun / Precision Rifle.

As configured for Precision Rifle-

20" barrel, PRS stock, Horus Falcon Scope in a Burris PEPR detachable mount, Harris bipod.

This configuration weighs in at 12 1/2 lbs empty.

As configured for 3-gun-

The Horus is replaced by a Vortex HD and the bipod comes off.

This drops the weight to 11.3 lbs empty.

I can get that down to about 10.3 by replacing the PRS with an ACE Skeleton buttstock.

FYI, a Magpul 30 round mag fully loaded with 55 grainers tips my scale at 1 lb 0.9 oz.

Tls

mines a bit over 9lbs empty with 18' bbl, vx6 multigun in a larue spre mount, jp lo mass bcg, Samson hanguard and titan comp.

I also use a magpul str with 7x 180g 40. bullets in each storage compartment as added weight in the backend of gun to help balance it.

ive shot it a few times and once in a match a couple weeks ago and it feels fine to me. one stage had us running several yards between shooting areas and it was the last thing on my mind.

Mine weighs 8.6, no mag.

Ace ARFX stock, JP captured recoil spring, side charge upper from LAR with their bolt carrier and bolt, Dreadnaught lower with CMC trigger, 18" Nordic barrel and 15" AP hand guard. 1X4 scope in PEPR mount.

Mine comparatively is a bloated pig at 10lbs. Nordic 18" barrel, Vltor MUR 1S upper, DD BCG, Apex brake, billet lower, Geissele NM trigger, Noveske NSR 16.7", Magpul MOE rifle stock, and the 1-6x Vortex Razor HDII puts it up there in weight.

Edited by RigPig