Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mods for STI magazines

Tubguy

take a look at the follower and you'll see a little piece that contacts the inside of the slide stop. that is the part that pushes up the slide stop and causes the slide to lock back. you just need to sand/grind that down a little till it no longer pushes up the slide stop. don't go too nuts. we are talking fairly small amounts between it being enough to lock the slide and suddenly not enough.

Thanks a lot

I removed the tab from the follower. The slide was still hanging up on the rear of the follower so I sanded that down area until the slide slid forward. In the article it mentions to drill a detent in the slide stop. Is that still the standard practice? Or can you purchase a slide stop with the detent already machined.The article was written a while back.

Thanks a lot

I removed the tab from the follower. The slide was still hanging up on the rear of the follower so I sanded that down area until the slide slid forward. In the article it mentions to drill a detent in the slide stop. Is that still the standard practice? Or can you purchase a slide stop with the detent already machined.The article was written a while back.

Brazos again:

http://www.1911store.com/slidestopbcgperformancetuned.aspx

curious on why folks don't want the slide to lock back after the last shot?

Couple of reasons I know of.

Slamming a magazine home with the slide back can cause over insertion and possible damage to the ejector.

The high capacity followers are shorter and make contact with the slide lock sooner, this causes the slide to lock back with one round still in the magazine.