Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Regional Series Updates

Sight in is open at 3pm. 100 yrds, paper and small auto popper. It will close at 5:00PM.

2 hours for 300 shooters to confirm zero seems a bit optimistic. Never underestimate the damage the luggage monkeys and TSA can do to ones gear when traveling by air.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If 300 shooters show up....then we have a problem...since the match is limited to 200 and we have only let 200 in. Just saying:)

Good point :) 3GN website shows the cool number of 222 shooters. Looking forward to the match, looks like I need some warmer clothes and a poncho!

Would it be possible to start a separate thread for each Regional match? Since I'm only shooting the one in Marble Falls TX, I really don't need to read info / updates on all the others. I suspect many others feel the same way.

Also signed up for the Marble Falls match. A separate thread would be nice, but I'll probably read all of them.

Bill

Sorry for the delay.... Ahem..... Stages have a good mix of all three guns except for a few... We started on 7 today, and it was cold as heck this morning, so we got a slow start... Most of is came down here thinking we were coming to Florida like weather, so not prepared for 33 degrees and rain... It didn't last long tho, and we carried on.. One good thing about this match is the venue at Clinton house is a natural terrain shooting center for clays shooting, and many of the stages are set in natural terrain using surrounding area in with props and targets, which is a nice break from all bay style matches...

7 starts out pistol holstered hot, shotgun on table hot, rifle hot port arms...

6 paper for rifle, ground it, engage steel plates w pistol, ground it, then get shotgun and go after 4-5 plates on hillside, a wicked heavy-set plate rack that most shot empty on only to reload and go dry again and still not get em all down... Then a short hike up hill with clays and small poppers, only to end up in a clearing with 4 small poppers that each threw clays when dropped.. I got lucky and shot it clean, but my cold stiff hands were slow on reloads, so I wasn't anywhere near fast, but was happy to be clean

8 started on platform, pistol loaded and holstered, SG loaded at port arms. 5 Clay thru low port to right, then 5 mini poppers thru low port to left, ground SG, then a 100 yard dash off platform and into woods to engage 6 paper w pistol, and post up in a box to take 6 poppers at 25-40 yds... Fun stage, got the heart rate up, and breathing heavy

We then Went to stages 1 and 2, both of which were 2-bay stages, where we did all three guns with some running between bays...

Tomorrow will be interesting, with two Long range rifle/ pistol stages coming, and a 24 round jungle run with shotgun mixing shot and slugs

Edited by Headworked

Would it be possible to start a separate thread for each Regional match? Since I'm only shooting the one in Marble Falls TX, I really don't need to read info / updates on all the others. I suspect many others feel the same way.

X2. I am lost on the whole golf cart thing.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

We then Went to stages 1 and 2, both of which were 2-bay stages, where we did all three guns with some running between bays...

Tomorrow will be interesting, with two Long range rifle/ pistol stages coming, and a 24 round jungle run with shotgun mixing shot and slugs

Thanks for the update Trey. Looking forward to more of the same.

Bill

Gonna put last bit of updates from this weekends regional match in SC...

We started on stage 3, both rifle and SG loaded and in barrels, pistol loaded and under a lid from activator box.. On start, ran to barrels and most started w rifle, as there were 6 poppers at 65 yds and a 6-mini-plate Christmas tree that ate our lunch... My rifle took a crap on this stage, and I went single shot for half the targets... Grabbed SG, and took 12 small plates and mini poppers, then grounded and ran to pistol, flipped lid over on box, activated a drop turner and a swinger: 4 on paper.

Went to stage 4 next, an all shotgun jungle run, and again got my lunch eaten... Started at port arms with 8 bird and a slug, had to ring a plate at 35 yds, then start engaging tiny 4" steel and clays, while walking/joggin up a steep hill. Finished up with three slugs on gong plates at 85-110 yds. I missed one small steel, and had to put 5 shots on another one to get it to fall: wrong damn choke size!

Bought trigger spring and fixed rifle!

Stage 5: pistol on steel and paper, then rifle off wall at plate rack @ 160 yds, 2 swingers @ 182, 2 swingers @ 160, and 2 swingers @ 125-140

Last stage, 6: run uphill taking 6 paper and 5 steel w pistol, then switch to rifle for 100 yd plate rack, 2 swingers @ 265, 2 swingers @ 185, and one at 145... Did really good on last two long rifle stages after fixing gun!

This was a good match, ready for the next one!

Edited by Headworked

then start engaging tiny 4" steel and clays, while walking/joggin up a steep hill.

This was a good match, ready for the next one!

Sounds like a lot of running. On a scale of "1" is an all bay match to "10" the SOBs are trying to kill me, how would you rate this match?