Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tavor in 3 Gun?

jamesbtowle

I think the farthest distance I ever shot the AUG I had was around 400 yds, at the time it seemed to be doing about as well as most of the ARs. Remember, this was in the early 90s and the ARs have progressed a long way since then.

Just a thought that it could be a little tough on the cheeks or a hot case up your nose just wont cut it.----------Larry

Im a righty and the brass does not touch me shooting off hand. The Tavor has a brass deflector. It was designed by the IDF for mainly urban combat where 50% of your firing positions will be off hand. ( staying behind a wall/corner while firing)

Go to 0:36. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9155MuJcT88

Edited by Finbox

Shooting from the off side referes to a right hand shooter shooting left handed or vise versa, I dont care how good the deflector is, shooting that rifle left handed around a baracaid that ejection port is right in your face. I have enough burn scars from bouncing brass thank you. Neat little rifle but a 3 gun rifle it aint.------------Larry

Edited by Larry White

I realize what off side/off hand means thats why I attached a video of a guy doing it. It is what makes or brakes most bull pup designs.

As far as brass hitting you in the face i have shot tons of barricades, ports, trees, barrels etc. and never really had a problem with it.

How many times have you shot a Tavor? I bought mine on a whim and it turns out its a keeper.

A true 3 gun match rifle no. But when Geissele comes out with the trigger for the Tavor thats in development, and a nice comp it might be fun on quick tight local matches.

I can't wait to see you leave your JP in the safe and shoot that Tavor at a major match! Of course, you might be crazy enough to try.

I think the FAL is a more competitive Heavy Metal gun than the Tavor is a Tac Scope gun. With either one, you will have to learn to manage the less than spectacular trigger.

Put a comp on the Tavor and it would be just the ticket for the local shoothouse matches that have tight walls and wide transitions.

Then again with your face closer to the comp than with the AR, would there be unpleasant shockwaves?

If geissele ever puts out a decent trigger pack for the Tavor, I will probably get one just for the fun of it.

BB