Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Outlaw Matches?

Yes, and then at the end everyone gets on the internet and says " that was the best match ever, can't wait to sign up for next year" and then wonders why the match fills in seconds and there is a waiting list. You guys are driving this type of review and match quality will continue to decline because of it.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what Kurt means is, if the reviews say "it was the best match ever" and in reality

it had some serious issues, the match directors will choose to keep doing business as usual.

In the past I would use the reviews on the forum to decide whether the match was

one that I would attend, but as Kurt said you can't count on what you read

to be an objective review.

The plan is to open all four at one time.

Great news!

Last question for now. Can you ask your son to remove the generic signature line from your iPad that says "sent from my iPad using tap talk". It's hard enough for me to read the other trash in this thread much less anything extra. :P

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

(introduction deleted because it was most likeley against benos posting rules)

An Internet forum is a great place to read a little and get some free entertainment, and there may even be a

little decent information buried beneath the mountains of absolute hogwash, but for the most part what you read is worth every penny you pay for it. If you measure your success in life by the number of sponsors you are beholding to, or the number of people that see you on TV, or better yet the number of times that you post on a forum then good on you. The more I read in this and other forums, the less I want to post, or even attend the matches that are discussed. Possibly that is the point, when the guys that Normaly shoot the matches get tired of the BS they stop coming and the new people who worship at the alter of 3gun nation will fall into line behind the quislings who remain. The grass roots support of the sport of three gun has always come not from the prize table, or the sponsors, or the sponsored shooters, it is from the volunteer RO's, set up and tear down guys, stats person, the guy that drives the water truck, and the person that organizes and actualy runs the match. Alienate the folks that do the heavy lifting and all the shooters in fancy shirts have to shoot at pizza boxes in pistol bays and bitch about the guy who was not qualified to be a TSA agent holding the timer upside down. Life is about choices.

An Internet forum is a great place to read a little and get some free entertainment, and there may even be a

little decent information buried beneath the mountains of absolute hogwash, but for the most part what you read is worth every penny you pay for it. If you measure your success in life by the number of sponsors you are beholding to, or the number of people that see you on TV, or better yet the number of times that you post on a forum then good on you. The more I read in this and other forums, the less I want to post, or even attend the matches that are discussed. Possibly that is the point, when the guys that Normaly shoot the matches get tired of the BS they stop coming and the new people who worship at the alter of 3gun nation will fall into line behind the quislings who remain. The grass roots support of the sport of three gun has always come not from the prize table, or the sponsors, or the sponsored shooters, it is from the volunteer RO's, set up and tear down guys, stats person, the guy that drives the water truck, and the person that organizes and actualy runs the match. Alienate the folks that do the heavy lifting and all the shooters in fancy shirts have to shoot at pizza boxes in pistol bays and bitch about the guy who was not qualified to be a TSA agent holding the timer upside down. Life is about choices.

Wow great post! Way to get that count up!!!

Badge of honor? Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can haul a few old cars out into a field and hang some break rotors off a post then charge $300 for us to come shoot and call themselves an Outlaw 3 Gun Championship. More like a badge of get ready for anything!

Sometimes its better to shoot a stage straight up rather than game it like you did a few years ago at RM3G. Those were not break rotors on post! Stage setters actually humped the rifle targets into position at 200+ yards. Just sayin... ;)

Badge of honor? Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can haul a few old cars out into a field and hang some break rotors off a post then charge $300 for us to come shoot and call themselves an Outlaw 3 Gun Championship. More like a badge of get ready for anything!

Sometimes its better to shoot a stage straight up rather than game it like you did a few years ago at RM3G. Those were not break rotors on post! Stage setters actually humped the rifle targets into position at 200+ yards. Just sayin... ;)

WTH are you talking about? Why do you have to refer to RM3G like that. Denise, JJ and their crew out on one of the best matches out there. Same range every year with a different match every time.

I love this post!

I'll add this thread is best enjoyed with alcohol.

Here is a thought. If your match fills up in minutes but you're losing money or barely breaking even after it's all said and done, why not raise the entry fee until it's selling out a little bit slower?

This.

I have no problem with a match making a profit. It's a huge time commitment, for everyone from management to the RO's, who (IMO) sacrifice some shooting performance by not shooting the main match. With all these matches selling out so quick, there has to be a way to both accommodate all the shooters who want to compete, and make money doing so.

WTH are you talking about? Why do you have to refer to RM3G like that. Denise, JJ and their crew out on one of the best matches out there. Same range every year with a different match every time.

My friend, I agree with you about it being one of the best matches out there aka "outlaw" matches out there I might add! My whole point is.... 3 Gun Nation is the name of an organization and their club or regional matches should carry the same branding. To market these matches the way you have is misleading. Funny how one little word would have made the whole difference in the conversation!

Oh come on Jesse you know what he means! That was the stage where you just roaches off a bunch of round and said " I engaged them all" even though you couldn't even see the targets from where you were. , thats what a pro shooter does when he knows he cant really do the course of fire.

Oh come on Jesse you know what he means! That was the stage where you just roaches off a bunch of round and said " I engaged them all" even though you couldn't even see the targets from where you were. , thats what a pro shooter does when he knows he cant really do the course of fire.

Wow!!! You should really grow up Kurt. You've been doing this for long enough to know not to discuss things you didn't experience first hand.

My friend, I agree with you about it being one of the best matches out there aka "outlaw" matches out there I might add! My whole point is.... 3 Gun Nation is the name of an organization and their club or regional matches should carry the same branding. To market these matches the way you have is misleading. Funny how one little word would have made the whole difference in the conversation!
Sterling the majority of the 3 Gunners don't know WTH an outlaw match is . We don't know the history that you do. When I started 4 years ago there were only outlaw matches and they were all natural terrain. To me outlaw means we are doing it our way in natural terrain and screw everyone else's rules. That is exactly what 3GN is doing with their regional matches. The only one that is confused is you. Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Sterling the majority of the 3 Gunners don't know WTH an outlaw match is . We don't know the history that you do. When I started 4 years ago there were only outlaw matches and they were all natural terrain. To me outlaw means we are doing it our way in natural terrain and screw everyone else's rules. That is exactly what 3GN is doing with their regional matches. The only one that is confused is you.

SMM3G, Iron Man and USPSA Nationals were all around four years ago and I dont think any one of them would really be considered to be natural terrain. Also, I think some might disagree with calling all three of them outlaw matches ;)

Sterling the majority of the 3 Gunners don't know WTH an outlaw match is . We don't know the history that you do. When I started 4 years ago there were only outlaw matches and they were all natural terrain. To me outlaw means we are doing it our way in natural terrain and screw everyone else's rules. That is exactly what 3GN is doing with their regional matches. The only one that is confused is you.

SMM3G, Iron Man and USPSA Nationals were all around four years ago and I dont think any one of them would really be considered to be natural terrain. Also, I think some might disagree with calling all three of them outlaw matches ;)

Gose is right. I've been around a bit and the term "outlaw" was always to referred to a 3gun match that ran it's rules different than the old standby USPSA-ish rules set. Had nothing to do with terrain.