Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 TASK FORCE DAGGER 3 GUN CHAMPIONSHIP - March 28-30, 2014 - Legion

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butch10 and others,

Thanks for clarifying the fees, and I went and read about the foundation, and have a better understanding of whats going on... The stages and descriptions look fun, and Im all in for my first TFD 3gn match!!

What is best hotel option? Next town?

No treadmill for this guy as I can't stand running and not going anywhere. Did however throw on the snowshoes, grabbed a rifle and headed out the back door for a 4 mile tour Saturday. Was hoping to bag a yote or two, but all I could chase up were deer. Temps were actually above zero (barely) so it wasn't too bad.

post-35158-0-76790500-1392131446_thumb.j

Rifle did get a tad frosty though.

post-35158-0-13149900-1392131522_thumb.j

No treadmill for this guy as I can't stand running and not going anywhere. Did however throw on the snowshoes, grabbed a rifle and headed out the back door for a 4 mile tour Saturday. Was hoping to bag a yote or two, but all I could chase up were deer. Temps were actually above zero (barely) so it wasn't too bad.

IMG_20140208_161023_169.jpg

IMG_20140208_170103_360.jpg

No thank you. I went for a run around the neighborhood the other day in shorts and a T-shirt. Ahhh, I do enjoy it being warm here is south GA.

The place that Andy posted looks awesome! I really enjoy lake George or lake Eufala depending on where you are. Caught some of the tastiest and biggest cats I've caught recently. The 10 pound bass didn't hurt anything either though... But I will be happy in a cabin at the range. ;)

Edited by george76904

IMG_20140208_161023_169.jpg

IMG_20140208_170103_360.jpg

No thank you. I went for a run around the neighborhood the other day in shorts and a T-shirt. Ahhh, I do enjoy it being warm here is south GA.

Yeah, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to visiting a warmer climate. It pretty much sucks here.

I registered a few days ago and never got the confirmation email so I could pay. Anyone else have this issue?

Be patient buddy. It will come. We manually have to "approve" each registration then the email will be sent out to you as the shooter with a link so that you can self squad.

The prize table is looking REALLY good! If you ever wanted to shoot a match and walk a prize table that has high end, top quality products on it then this is your chance. So far we have everything from T-shirts and hats to Surgeon bolt action rifle, night vision, suppressors (multiple), ARs, AR furniture, optics, Ammunition, eye wear, rails, triggers, cleaning kits etc. etc. the list goes on. Shoot well and I assure you that you will walk away very happy.

I couldn't say thank you enough to all of the great sponsors who are supporting this years TFD3G event. Especially Adams Arms who has signed up as the Title Match Sponsor.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the match!

Mike

So, how heavy do you "the competitor" think this years skedco should be and how long of a pull? Just curious how you guys feel about it. If you consider yourself one of the more "in shape/fit" shooters coming to the match then I would like to hear from you as well as the youngest smallest shooter that may be in attendance.

Let's hear it!

So, how heavy do you "the competitor" think this years skedco should be and how long of a pull? Just curious how you guys feel about it. If you consider yourself one of the more "in shape/fit" shooters coming to the match then I would like to hear from you as well as the youngest smallest shooter that may be in attendance.

Let's hear it!

Input from the wife as one of the more fit, but smaller in stature competitors last year:

Weight & distance were about perfect. Many factors tho. She had to pull it after it rained and the sand bags were soaked & super heavy...put it absolute borderline for her and even for some of the men on her squad. Take that in to consideration on the weight, maybe something different to add the weight that isn't permeable?

Distance: last year was good, it was the turn that was the game changer. I agree with her here. Could be a little further if it was a straight line, but getting momentum & then having to turn, you basically started over.

Just our $0.02

Edited by New4John

Thanks for the input. Sand bag weight differences are an easy fix. I guess it will have to be a longer pull this year since it's strait line. Well if you disregard all the targets that you have to engage on the way you will never have to stop and start again :)

Thanks for the input. Should be a fun stage!

quote name="New4John" post="2105281" timestamp="1392583737"]

Let's hear it!

Input from the wife as one of the more fit, but smaller in stature competitors last year:

Weight & distance were about perfect. Many factors tho. She had to pull it after it rained and the sand bags were soaked & super heavy...put it absolute borderline for her and even for some of the men on her squad. Take that in to consideration on the weight.

Distance: last year was good, it was the turn that was the game changer. I agree with her here. Could be a little further if it was a straight line, but getting momentum & then having to turn, you basically started over.

Just our $0.02