Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please explain 3gun nation

It would be nice to see that SBR's can't be used.....not everyone can own them ya know. Some states just down right don't allow them.

Or did I just open a can of worms?

Tim

The slippery slope there is that they don't allow larger that 7 round mags anywhere……because that is all some states allow. Sorry, bud, I don't see that one happening. In all seriousness, an SBR is only an advantage in the pro-series type matches where the distance is limited. I guarantee you that if they threw in some 300-500 yard shots, Horner would go with his longer rifle and still kick butt.

You could always move to Texas.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice to see that SBR's can't be used.....not everyone can own them ya know. Some states just down right don't allow them.

Tim

The slippery slope there is that they don't allow larger that 7 round mags anywhere……because that is all some states allow. Sorry, bud, I don't see that one happening. In all seriousness, an SBR is only an advantage in the pro-series type matches where the distance is limited. I guarantee you that if they threw in some 300-500 yard shots, Horner would go with his longer rifle and still kick butt.

This came straight out of an AMU shooters mouth this past weekend......I love this gun, I shoot it at most 3 gun matches since most targets are close, when things get out over 350 or so I go to a longer rifle.

He was shooting his 12.5

Tim

I could live with that answer.

We can have SBR's here....no silencers .

Momma won't let me move to Texas

Tim

Total thread drift. I've shot the AMU uber 3 Gun Nation/Crimosn Trace winning SBR. I don't think it has any advantage over your standard 3 gun rifle. But it is a nice rifle (although it's really heavy for how small it is).

How would you go about shooting the Southwest Regional Championship - Oct. 11, 12 Marble Falls, TX without being classified or shooting any other matches. Will they post online registration like other 3 gun matches and max out on # of shooters?

Thanks,

JG

How would you go about shooting the Southwest Regional Championship - Oct. 11, 12 Marble Falls, TX without being classified or shooting any other matches. Will they post online registration like other 3 gun matches and max out on # of shooters?

Thanks,

JG

The registration for the 3 gn Regional series will open on Thursday Nov 28th. You must has a 2014 membership with 3 gun nation. You can go to 3gunnation.com, click on memberships ,(top right side) and join the club series. It is 25 bucks for a full year. The match fee is only 225...combined they total less than most other match fees...and the prize table as of today is almost at the 125k mark, with several firearms and other great products. Many more sponsors are looking to support these events...the marketing exposure 3 gun nation is top notch. If you have questions call or email me....Charles@3gunnation.com or 9192017990. And many thanks to all of you for supporting the sport of 3 gun.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I get the 4 x 225.00 = 900 but that's for 4 matches, got that too after thinking more about it. Anyhow my thought was how its nice to have a trophy but for all the money one can spend on 3 gun a big prize table is nice.

All good. Going home w a scope gun or something else besides a plaque or silicone rag is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

I get the 4 x 225.00 = 900 but that's for 4 matches, got that too after thinking more about it. Anyhow my thought was how its nice to have a trophy but for all the money one can spend on 3 gun a big prize table is nice.

All good. Going home w a scope gun or something else besides a plaque or silicone rag is awesome

3 Gun prize tables still amaze me. Find a golf tournament with the same level of golfers as you would at a major 3 gun and you won't have 1/4 the prizes the manufacturers donate to this sport. It really goes to show you how much value companies see in marketing to and promoting this shooting sport.

With that said $900 at one crack is gonna be tough for some folks to handle for sure.

Wait a minute, I wanted to go to two of them only. Are you required to pay for all 4 straight up?

No. $225 per match you want to attend. Attend one, attend all...your best score counts

With that said $900 at one crack is gonna be tough for some folks to handle for sure.

Wait a minute, I wanted to go to two of them only. Are you required to pay for all 4 straight up?

No. $225 per match you want to attend. Attend one, attend all...your best score counts

Thanks!

I still think 3 gun is good value based on that table . Hate to drive 1000 miles and go home w a crap score and a plastic cup. Having seen the prize table at the rock earlier this year why shoot anything else!! Great incentive plus I thinks its a great motivator to attract new shooters

900 would be steep as hell regardless of the table but if it covered event fees like a season pass that would be cool

Edited by Dustbuster1

Hey Guys, just wanted to let you know that there won't be ANY fees for the matches charged during registration. You register, then you will be promoted into the match. After you are promoted 3GN will send an electronic invoice - probably a few days to a week later. At that time you will submit payment.

To the OP's comment about 3gun nation's web site, I have to agree, it's confusing. I've shot some 3 gun matches this past year and want to shoot more in 2014. I'd like to get classified, I think, but I'm not sure what the advantage is. I did spend the $25 for a membership so that I might sign up for the 4 (Regional?) matches next year. Is there a document or a link on the web site that explains the different divisions or someting for the new guy that explains how to go from A to B to C in 3gun nation?

Thanks!

To the OP's comment about 3gun nation's web site, I have to agree, it's confusing. I've shot some 3 gun matches this past year and want to shoot more in 2014. I'd like to get classified, I think, but I'm not sure what the advantage is. I did spend the $25 for a membership so that I might sign up for the 4 (Regional?) matches next year. Is there a document or a link on the web site that explains the different divisions or someting for the new guy that explains how to go from A to B to C in 3gun nation?

Thanks!

The class rankings for 3GN are different than USPSA, instead of D,C,B,A,M,GM it is

AM - Amateur

M - Marksman

HM - High Marksman

SP - Semi-Pro

P - Pro

EX - Expert

To get classified you have to shoot at a club that offers 3GN Qualifiers. There is a map on the front page of the 3GN Site that should help you.

See this link for more details - http://memberships.3gunnation.com/content/html/clubseriesinfo.pdf

Thanks!

The class rankings for 3GN are different than USPSA, instead of D,C,B,A,M,GM it is

AM - Amateur

M - Marksman

HM - High Marksman

SP - Semi-Pro

P - Pro

EX - Expert

To get classified you have to shoot at a club that offers 3GN Qualifiers. There is a map on the front page of the 3GN Site that should help you.

See this link for more details - http://memberships.3gunnation.com/content/html/clubseriesinfo.pdf

Thanks Steve! You live in one of my favorite places.