Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Current Consolidated USPSA Handgun Rules?

StealthyBlagga

I just received a printed rule book with my membership renewal - it is the old 2008 as amended 2010 blue book. This infers to me that the blue book is still the law of the land, even though I know there have been a lot of BOD/DNROI rulings since then.

The latest version of the rules I can find on the USPSA website is the 2013 version posted for member comment. There are many proposed rule changes, but the document reads like a draft that is not ready for prime time. There have been many member comments posted on the USPSA forum, but I don't think those rules are effective until 2014.

I keep reading comments on this forum that such-and-such rule has been changed/approved (e.g. 8-shot minor revolver, thumb rests for Limited etc.), but how am I supposed to enforce these rules on the range without an up-to-date rule book? Can anyone point me to a SINGLE DOCUMENT showing all the latest rules as they should be applied today?

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Can anyone point me to a SINGLE DOCUMENT showing all the latest rules as they should be applied today?

It doesn't exist, at least not today. I'm hoping the proposed 2013 rule changes will go into affect and be published early next year.

Can anyone point me to a SINGLE DOCUMENT showing all the latest rules as they should be applied today?

It doesn't exist, at least not today. I'm hoping the proposed 2013 rule changes will go into affect and be published early next year.

Yeah, I see the BOD approved the new rules with a few amendments, effective February 1st 2014. However, I'm working the Area 2 match this week and it would be nice to be able to print off a single, definitive document to point to. With the profound changes happening in 2014, I am concerned some competitors might think those changes are ALREADY in force. Oh, well, I guess the old blue book will get one more outing.

I didn't get a new book with my renewal ? You must be special ,,

I am a special little snowflake - just ask my wife.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

There is a huge discussion on this very topic with some very heated comments on your exact request. The last I heard, the new rulebook was supposed to be out early next year but nothing official at this point. When the BoD or DNROI make a ruling/clarification, those are enforceable so you will need to have all of those documents to properly enforce rules or consult your CRO/RM for latest rule(s) if you are unsure. Also, the thumb rest on Limited pistols is in effect now, the Revo rule is coming in Feb.

Yeah, yeah, I know, none of us like it either but the new rule book is coming so let's just be patient.

PS "Snowflake" - awesome, how can we get the mods to change your avatar subtitle? :)

until Feb 2014 the current rulebook is what is in place and should be used with any NROI rulings

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-rulings-listing.php

if which there have been none this year

Not sure why people would get confused it is still 2013 and nothing takes effect till 2014

so if you just follow what is out there now and make ruling based on it then you are good

doesn't make a difference what a competitor thinks, hell 75% think that they know the rules now and

don't

Some years back Robin Taylor spent a lot of time and energy consolidating ALL the USPSA rules into a single volume. Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, Multi-Gun, Tournament. I recorded the minutes of the BoD meeting where he was commended for his work, and they were all excited about it. As far as I recall, that rulebook was never heard from again.