Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev grip reduction

JunotFranco

I had 2 done part of an extensive build and like them. I didn't change the angle of backstrap but removing finger grooves and side panels were positive changes. I would also recommend Enhanced Precision Products (2.5 wk turnaround), clean edges and scalloped mag release. One interesting option with Zev is their internal magwell. EPPra6ubuza.jpg<br /><br />Zevu3y8e5ah.jpg<br />

Edited by Stician

I got my gun back from them in August. It took over two months. I was told when I sent it 3-4 weeks. Called at 4 weeks to check on it and was told it would be two more weeks. Waited two weeks and called again and was told that it would be two more weeks. Ended up being 8 weeks and a couple days from when they received the gun.

The work was very good and I have been extremely happy with it, just don't be expecting it back quickly.

Custom work is what it is. Deadlines are hard to reach at most shops unless they are just not a busy place. Take my advice learn to be patient with custom work from ANYBODY. Things happen and sometimes other stuff has to be done first.

The thing is that I timed it so I could have the gun back for a few local matches and their timeframe just threw me off bc they said it was going to be 3-4 weeks. I wish they would update on timeframes, I hate calling and bothering people...

Custom work is what it is. Deadlines are hard to reach at most shops unless they are just not a busy place. Take my advice learn to be patient with custom work from ANYBODY. Things happen and sometimes other stuff has to be done first.

I understand that things happen sometimes and things get delayed, and I don't have a problem with that if you let me know about it. What I don't like is when you tell me a time frame for some thing and don't make it and give no reason why, just that it will take longer.

On the last call that I made to check on the progress of the gun I asked the sales guy flat out if I would have the gun back in time for an upcoming match and he assured me that I would have it several days prior, to get some trigger time with it before the match. The gun did not make it in time and I had to shoot a backup gun.

With that said, let me say again that the work they did was excellent and I have been very happy with it, and in fact I will be sending them another gun to work on in January when they start accepting work again. With the next gun I won't have any time frame expectations, just when ever it gets done.

I understand that things happen sometimes and things get delayed, and I don't have a problem with that if you let me know about it. What I don't like is when you tell me a time frame for some thing and don't make it and give no reason why, just that it will take longer.

On the last call that I made to check on the progress of the gun I asked the sales guy flat out if I would have the gun back in time for an upcoming match and he assured me that I would have it several days prior, to get some trigger time with it before the match. The gun did not make it in time and I had to shoot a backup gun.

With that said, let me say again that the work they did was excellent and I have been very happy with it, and in fact I will be sending them another gun to work on in January when they start accepting work again. With the next gun I won't have any time frame expectations, just when ever it gets done.

I wasn't trying to step on toes or offend with my comments. I have the worst patience of any one I know it's horrid lol I learned that there is no expectations on custom work no matter what. Should it be that way...no it shouldn't but it is what it is with this stuff. We just have to accept we arnt there only customer especially with big name companies. Personally I'd love for all custom gun work to be on Shooters Connection or TTI order turn around time lol ( only in our dreams right :-/ ) but to ea there own.

Again not trying to offend or step on toes just my observations..my 0.2c and we are all different which by the grab of god and freedom of America are we allowed to be that way still

I've had two done by them and love them. They were pretty much on schedule ... but I sent them in during the winter so I would for sure have them back in time for shooting season.

All good gunsmiths are guilty of what I call craftsmanship syndrome. They are very good at their craft, but you need to leave them alone and let them work. If they are on the phone or emailing, they aren't working on projects. You just have to be patient.

I'm currently trying very hard not to bug a gunsmith myself right now

I wasn't trying to step on toes or offend with my comments. I have the worst patience of any one I know it's horrid lol I learned that there is no expectations on custom work no matter what. Should it be that way...no it shouldn't but it is what it is with this stuff. We just have to accept we arnt there only customer especially with big name companies. Personally I'd love for all custom gun work to be on Shooters Connection or TTI order turn around time lol ( only in our dreams right :-/ ) but to ea there own.

Again not trying to offend or step on toes just my observations..my 0.2c and we are all different which by the grab of god and freedom of America are we allowed to be that way still

No offense was taken and if I came off as being argumentative I am sorry that was not my intention. I just wanted to let people know what kind of experience I had in dealing with the company.