Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Area 8 - Another Poll

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the classic target around because it is PC? Lets keep it simple. If you use it, you buy into it. Simple, huh? All else is rationalizing and BS. You want hard? Put a lot of no-shoots around a metric target. You want something harder-put some targets (with heads) out at 25yds plus with some no-shoots. You wanna be PC? Use the classic.

It's all love, except when it comes to giving up your rights (and responsibilities-read a little sarcasim into that)

;)

ron, do what you want it's your match.whoever doesn't like it can stay home.

pure and simple.

damn people get off the f++*ing box.

seems to me 10 less people at a match who are going to do nothing but bitch and complain about a couple stages and annoy other shooters can be done without.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the classic target around because it is PC?  Lets keep it simple.  If you use it, you buy into it.  Simple, huh?  All else is rationalizing and BS.  You want hard?  Put a lot of no-shoots around a  metric target.  You want something harder-put some targets (with heads) out at 25yds plus with some no-shoots.  You wanna be PC?  Use the classic.

It's all love, except when it comes to giving up your rights (and responsibilities-read a little sarcasim into that)

;)

I use 10 round magazines because I chose to shoot production, not because I buy into the reduced capacity magazine.

If A8 chooses to use classic targets, and you feel shooting them means you are now PC, then don't shoot there.

It's a shooting match, not a fight for world domination of what type of target would be used for the rest of eternity....

I must agree with jim on this. and i'm keeping my reply short.

If we start using this target soon it will be the ONLY target we can use liek it was in many other countries. You want a challenge, put targets further away, and use hard cover and no shoots.

Will i attend the match, either way, because I KNOW it will be a great match whatever target they use, The people at this range have never let us down when it comes to having a great match.

To those of you that voted "Sure I'd like to try them, Why not?"

So go plop down 25.00 US and buy a box, take them out to your local range and blast away to your hearts content.

OK, You've tried them.

Now, leave USPSA alone. Particularly those that have never shot a match here. This isn't about you.

This is about the matches in the US of A.

Thank you, we now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Jim Norman

Now, leave USPSA alone. Particularly those that have never shot a match here. This isn't about you.

This poll doesn't require membership in the USPSA - it only requires membership of the BE Forums.

Having said that, and despite the fact that I've never shot a match in the USA, I'm a member of the USPSA in good standing, so I believe I have every right to vote in response to the question asked in this poll, and I also have a right to express my opinion.

However if you can refer me to a rule which says otherwise, do so.

End of debate on classic vs. metric for any reasons not related to shooting the target. Just vote!

For those of you who didn't hear me before --- PLEASE KNOCK IT OFF. I'd hate to have to close a poll, that may provide helpful information to match organizers, because it's drifting into political waters.

The poll as posted has nothing to do with shooting.

What do you think about having Classic targets in an Area Match?

Great! I'd really like to try them.

Sure - why not?

Don't care one way or another.

I would prefer the good old Metric, but ....

I hate them.

Did you notice a question or possible response about shooting the targets? I didn't. :angry:

Shooting is shooting. The choice of targets is something else.

I don't agree with Mr. Norman. I think we can get past the PC aspects of the targets. The question is which target would be best for the competitors. Not those with an agenda. Not the designers ego. Not the few using the match for practice.

:mellow:

I'm interpreting the possible responses to the poll in light of competitors being asked if they would enjoy shooting the classic target at an area match......

Exactly!

I'll say it again - there is no political agenda or statement being made and I don't think anyone's ego is involved. I was just trying to gauge the level of interest in using cl*ssic targets in the Area 8 match.

Sorry if I wasn't clear about that when I chose the wording in the 5 responses.

Now excuse me while I run for cover. :ph34r: